Bottle Cage

craiggreg89
craiggreg89 Posts: 53
edited January 2014 in Workshop
Hi all i am currently using a Giant SCR 2 frame but i am having a bit of trouble with the bottle cage :(

I have one cage fitted on the tube with an angle but i cant seem to get one to fit the vertical tube that the seat post sits in. The problem i am having is that the front derailleur hangs in the middle of where the bottle cage needs to be.

Do i need to get a cage with a gap in the middle or something? tried looking but i am not really clued up lol :oops:

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    You need some little spacer tubes or a selection of washers that will sit between the frame and cage. I know I got a cage or pump bracket which came with them, but not sure which.
    Ask your LBS, or cut up something a bit more sturdy than a straw. Or the nuts from inner tubes might work.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Gozzy wrote:
    Ask your LBS, or cut up something a bit more sturdy than a straw. Or the nuts from inner tubes might work.
    +1. Most LBS's will have various thickness alu or stainless spacers on hand. It's fairly common to have to use spacers for the seatube cage so shops keep them in stock.
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Gozzy wrote:
    Or the nuts from inner tubes might work.

This is how I get round the problem.

Rob
  • mickyj
    mickyj Posts: 26
    I use the rollers off some surplus chain links which works very well. I think the tip came off a thread on here.