Which Castelli Jacket.

relanium
relanium Posts: 487
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
I have the Castelli Espresso Due Windproof Jacket for when it's really cold days, and when it's a little milder I have the Castelli Trasparente Due Wind Jersey which I layer up with a gilet, but I'm looking for something which is an in between jacket, something like either the "Castelli Mortirolo Due Jacket" or the "Castelli Zoncolan Jacket".
Has anyone got any experience of these jackets or can anyone recommend me which would be the best.
Thanks.

Comments

• neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    I have the Mortirolo Due. I don't have experience of any of the others. I find it's perfect for energetic riding between zero and about 7 degrees C with just a thin thermal base layer underneath. Above about 7 or 8C it starts to get slightly sweaty on short fast rides, but guess it would also be good for longer rides at a lower intensity in slightly higher temperatures.
  • Been using the Mortirolo for about 2 weeks now and it seems to suit me at the temperatures were getting at the min. I'm using either a HH lifa or a HH freeze baselayer deepending how cold it is. It held the rain at bay for about 2 hrs on new years day and it was driving. I was out today for an hr and didn't feel the cold on my body even though i had to wear mountaineering gloves for the cold. Can't compare it with anything as its my first softshell. I normally run hot on rides.
  • You could save your money by just wearing a base layer under your Transparente and gilet. If that isn't warm enough you'd be wearing your Espresso.