MAVIC Ksyrium sls or Cosmic Carbone sls???

taavisudhipol
taavisudhipol Posts: 17
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, I am a regular cycler. I only cycle as a hobby not to commute. I currently have Mavic aksium and i figure it is time to upgrade. However i have been tossing between 2 choices MAVIC Ksyrium sls or Cosmic Carbone sls. I know the ksyrium are very durable and light therefore should perform better. but the cosmic carbine sls looks stunning. What are you thoughts? PERFORMANCE OR BEAUTY?

Comments

• Carbones are probably as durable as Ksyriums to be honest given they're just a good box section rim with a plastic faring. I've always had good service from Ksyriums too though, both the older regular SL's and a current set of SR's.

If you live and ride in a hilly area, I'd go Ksyriums.
  • Carbones are probably as durable as Ksyriums to be honest given they're just a good box section rim with a plastic faring. I've always had good service from Ksyriums too though, both the older regular SL's and a current set of SR's.

I live in london, and the main ride i do it to richmond park and a few laps there.
  • I live in london, and the main ride i do it to richmond park and a few laps there.

The Cosmic Carbone are perfect then
    left the forum March 2023
  • I live in london, and the main ride i do it to richmond park and a few laps there.

The Cosmic Carbone are perfect then
    Is around 300grams weight different really any issue?
  • Nope
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    You need to hide your disdain better than that Ugo! Richmond Park demands deep rims :wink:
  • I agree...
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Carbones are probably as durable as Ksyriums to be honest given they're just a good box section rim with a plastic faring. I've always had good service from Ksyriums too though, both the older regular SL's and a current set of SR's.

I live in london, and the main ride i do it to richmond park and a few laps there.

If a couple of laps of Richmond park is all you are going to do then imho you would be better served spending a lot less money - you will notice very little performance gain from either of these wheels.
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    What difference does it make? He might be lapping at 25mph and goes to Richmond park due to time constraints of kids or a good job.

Don't be such a bunch of nobs.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    I have Ksyrium SL's and am very happy with them, recommend them 100% (Conti GP4000S tyres).
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Evil Laugh wrote:
    What difference does it make? He might be lapping at 25mph and goes to Richmond park due to time constraints of kids or a good job.

Don't be such a bunch of nobs.

Don't bunch me up, I am agreeing with you... do you see any smiley?
    There is no better place for deep rims than Richmond park, where you can unleash them (illegally)
  • cadseen
    cadseen Posts: 170
    Deep sections every time, makes the biggest difference to speed and thrill of riding a bike.
    But either wheel is great. Personally I prefer the feel and sound of full carbon rims.
  • horse850
    horse850 Posts: 2
    Be careful with the Cosmic Carbone SLS. They are not UCI approved wheels (not on the list at the moment) and therefore it appears that they cant be used for racing where the rules are UCI or ITU (triathlon). seems a bit of an odd oversight for Mavic but thats how it stands at the moment
  • crazy to spend that on wheels just ride around Richmond Park
  • chanjy
    chanjy Posts: 200
    One first poster revival after 2 months is odd... a second first poster doing it again a few months later is just bizarre??
  • get a life
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I think it depends on what benefits you want from a new wheel purchase. If its just for aesthetics and money is no object, then go for Cosmics, they are great looking. For practicality, Krysilium
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • chanjy
    chanjy Posts: 200
    almostdone wrote:
    get a life

You registered for the forum to reply to a 6 month old question not to add helpful information but to tell that person that they were crazy. Now I'm told to get a life? Charming. :? :roll:
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Im visiting Richmond Park this coming Sunday for the first time (weather permitting) I have deep section wheels,do i get a pass to the ole boys club ?
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    nochekmate wrote:
    You need to hide your disdain better than that Ugo! Richmond Park demands deep rims :wink:

Choppers Paradise. :)