PF30 BB installation problem

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
The SRAM PF30 BB on my carbon HT has failed after 4 months (theres a shocker) and I bought a new Wheels Manufacturing PF30 BB with angular contact bearings plus a Park press fit tool to do the removal and install.

Knocked old BB out, cleaned everything till it was spotless and pressed in new BB using the Park bearing press adaptors and my headset press. I have tried to fit cranks but when I tighten up the crank bolt the cranks wont turn unless you push them. Checked everything again and same problem the preload adjuster on non drive crank is wound right back there is no grit or anything in way and BB cups are flush with frame. The only way to torque down crankbolt and have the cranks spin is to remove the external seal on one side of the BB. Scratching my head now been on Wheels site checked installation info and FAQs and cant find anything that relates to my problem.

Frame is a 2013 Vitus Rapide 29er carbon with 73mm BB shell. Crank is a SRAM S1200 PF30 2x10.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments