Quick intro

bikes`n`guns
bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
edited January 2014 in Road beginners
Awritey

Just a quick intro, been lurking for a while but thought it polite to post an intro before getting into the forums

Mark, from near Edinburgh, out in East Lothian in fact. 46 and been road cycling for a good while but only semi seriously.

recently upgraded to a Trek Domane 5.9 so am taking things a bit more seriously now, and intend to do my first sportive (The Bethany) this year.

Also added a Boardman CX comp to the collection instead of a set of rollers,, much more fun, although I can see an injury on the horizon there very soon :D

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I`m sure I`ll have plenty to say on here

Mark
Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently

Comments

• Sociable here init ?

95 shy retiring wallflowers just dying to say hello, but failing
  • 104 now but who's counting?
    Anyhoo hello and welcome, if you've been lurking you'll know the way it works, may be worth dropping by the Boardman CX forum in Commuting Chat if you've not already visited? How are you liking the Domane?
  • The Trek is the nuts

Super comfy, but easily the quickest I`ve ever been. Di2 is pretty shit hot as well.

Will have a look at the commutery doodah
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Sociable here init ?

Bit rich from a self- confessed lurker!

Hello and welcome.
  • Sociable here init ?

Perhaps people just aren't interested.
  • No perhaps not

Sets the tone anyway. Huffy and miserable.
  • neilg7777
    neilg7777 Posts: 142
    Welcome to the forum, There are some nice people on here just got to find them. I did my first sportive this year and they are great gives you something to train for if you are not into racing. Enjoy
    Neil :D
  • Thanks bud

The sportive will be a goal to aim for definitely.

Looking forward to it though.
  • Welcome, I'm in Glasgow and also a first year and hoping to do my first sportive this year, not picked one yet. Are you doing the full length version of yours? Don't think I could tackle 102 miles.
  • Yeh, going to do the long one

I figure 72, 102,not much n I really. The Bethany looks a good route, not busy roads,