Trying to work out travel of my forks

portland_bill
portland_bill Posts: 287
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got a set of Rockshox Reba dual air forks and I'm struggling to work out the travel of them.

When I bought them they were advertised as Reba RLT Ti, and I'm convinced they were supposed to be 80mm but I'm not 100% certain they are as advertised but they are definitely Reba Dual Air and have the number 05T10020389 stamped on the back of the crown (not sure if relevant or not).

Anyway, I've let all of the air out of both chambers, and depressed the forks gently as instructed by Rockshox, but they don't stop at some random point down the stanchions rather literally go to the hilt against the bottom of the crown which when extended measures 110mm and I'm sure that can't be right. Am I doing something wrong? I've been through the Rockshox bumpf over and over but can't get my head around it. Obviously because of this it's making it almost impossible to work out the correct sag and set them up properly.

Any ideas?

Rockshox Instructionshttp://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/pvj1aoSI4_YEw80U-umEMEpwdJXztWGrVKQ7pZuUwLE/mtime:1324592040/sites/default/files/techdocs/2001-2012_dual_air_tuning_guide_gen.0000000004160_rev_a.pdf

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Travel is exposed stanchion at full rebound (longest) minus exposed stanchion at full bump.

Your post suggests they are 110mm.....if by 'to the hilt' you mean no stanchion is exposed at all in full bump.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Sometimes letting all the air out over extends the fork, my guess is they are 100mm