What do you think of this bike?

JediBiker
JediBiker Posts: 15
edited January 2014 in Commuting general
http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/234164008/bike-sub-speed-40-men-l/

I'm not familiar with this model or band that's why I'm asking. According to the specs the frame is Double Butted 6061 Al, but giving the price and the 5 years only warranty makes me doubt. Anybody has this bike? Is it good quality? Thanks for the feedback

Comments

• Not particularly familiar but Scott appear to have a pretty good reputation
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You've not heard of Scott? Heard of Giant, Trek, Specialized?

Why would you doubt it being double butted with the price and warranty? (whatever the price is) It sounds like you don't know what double butted is.

Whether or not it's a good buy depends on how much you'll be paying.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • snowster
    snowster Posts: 490
    Over priced I would go for a boardman comp from halfords
  • neilvx
    neilvx Posts: 137
    I had a Scott Sub45 and the finish with the paint wasn't great, every bolt or part attached to the frame damaged / flacked the paint :-(.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 2017 Grey / Yellow Flash
    Ribble R872 Ultegra
    Skyway BMX
  • Neilvx wrote:
    I had a Scott Sub45 and the finish with the paint wasn't great, every bolt or part attached to the frame damaged / flacked the paint :-(.
    Hi Neilvx, but what about the frame/fork quality? you have any problems with it besides the paint?
  • neilvx
    neilvx Posts: 137
    No, it was a good bike and cumfy to ride :-)

Apart from the paint issue it was faultless.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 27.5 2017 Grey / Yellow Flash
    Ribble R872 Ultegra
    Skyway BMX
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    5 years is a pretty decent warranty for a bike!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • alex_uk
    alex_uk Posts: 56
    I have a Scott SUB. Bought it 6 years ago or so. Amazingly good bit of kit! I'm not sure of the model number - it's higher spec than the OP's link as I have a Deore rear mech and hydraulic disk brakes.

Frame is tip top though. Lovely.
  • ok, thanks for the feedback. The fork says SUB Alloy I'm guessing is aluminium, but it could be steel also.