Problems with Powertap 2.4 sl after upgrade to ANT+

fevvs
fevvs Posts: 79
edited February 2017 in Workshop
Hi, I have a 2.4 SL that I bought secondhand a year ago. all was working fine before christmas. In the new year I have updated the hub to ANT+ and bought a 310XT and replaced the hub batteries. the original CPU, a spare CPU and the 310xt will not recognise the hub. I have tried relearning the hub using both CPU's no luck!!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Could be duff batteries or corroded contacts between the battery holder and the hub connection. So try another battery and maybe some electrical contact cleaner.

If that doesn't work you'll have to send the hub to Paligap for a new torque tube and a bill for £425.
    More problems but still living....
  • fevvs
    fevvs Posts: 79
    Cheers for that. Sounds like I may be heading for spares/repairs on ebay!!
  • Fear not Fevvs, I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago.

I sent the wheel to Paligap and this was their response..

"Your PowerTap has been thoroughly inspected and tested in our service centre. We have found the issue to be the torque tube.During the ANT+ update the torque offset number was out of the 500-524 range and the Garmin device was unable to receive data from the powermeter".

I had my wheel back a few days later, with new bearings and new batteries for a cost of £72. My PT now syncs with my Edge500 and the yellow CPU. Give Paligap a call and ask to speak to Csaba, he was very helpful.
  • I just ended up with an old 2.4 on a set of wheels I bought of someone. Is there any chance this upgrade is still out there. The only one I have seen is from powertap and I have to send in my Wheel for them to do it. I'd rather do it myself and save the cash