Planet X trentino Tiagra carbon bike - why so cheap?

mattfrance
mattfrance Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I have 2 road bikes but stumbled across this while browsing the net. The proper price is apparently around£ 1400 and the bike was reviewed in cycling plus, though the finishing kit was slightly different though still Tiagra. It seems very cheap to me. Any thoughts would be great fully appreciated. The 105 version is reduced to £899.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBHOTRTIA/ ... -road-bike

Many thanks,

Matt.

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    I think they may be looking to clear out the Holdsworth frames, the £699 one is a bargain IMO.
  • A friend of mine got the 105 model for christmas has it set up on a turbo at the moment and will use it as a summer bike, he has covered about 1000 miles on it already! and he speaks highly it has a Deda seat post and bars which are good, he said the only issue is that the weeks don't match the quality of the bike but he will get some Mavics for the summer!

sounds like a top notch bike from what i have heard!
  • They bought Holdsworth out.
    They acquired all the stock for a lump sum,the stock will have included hundreds of carbon frames.
    They're good frames that probably cost holdsworth £150-£300 to get made but at the price planet x got the company for they can afford to do incredible deals.

They're a very nicely finished carbon frame.