Anticipation Killing Me...

Silly Old Hector
Silly Old Hector Posts: 573
edited January 2014 in Cyclocross
Made a decision to get a Cannondale CaadX last weekend, ordering a 51cm frame (based on my road bike size). Try it on for size at my LBS today - too big AARRGGHH ! :( I was hoping to get out for my first ride this afternoon.

LBS does not have next size down, neither do many other regional shops. Cannondale promising April delivery (no use to someone as impatient as me).

Another Cannondale dealer nearby suggested trying a Kona Jake the Snake, which looks like a similar spec. I will have to curb my enthusiasm for at least another week and get out on the road bike tomorrow.

Anyone have experience on either bikes (2014 CAADX 105 or Jake the Snake) ? Do I wait, go for the Kona, or is there something else to consider, that I can get my hands on in a similar size.

The CAADX looks and feels great (based on a quick ride out on the street) 8)

Thanks.
All the gear, but no idea...

Comments

• kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    I love my 2013 canti Caadx. Im 5' 10" and I went for the 51cm frame. How tall are you? Its a great bike which I love riding. Just the stock brakes are not great. Changing the pads has helped, but I might switch to mini V brakes I think at the front. The 2014 Caadx are disc brakes aren't they?
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • I'm only 5' 7", with a short inseam :roll: The 51cm gave me no/little confidence at handling on anything other than the road.

The 2014 CaadX has discs - the whole bike seems pretty good value for money, as things go, given the components and build quality :D
    All the gear, but no idea...