forme axe edge advice

gwa70
gwa70 Posts: 99
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
very tempted by the forme axe edge comp or the edge pro but struggling to find too many people who ride either...
bike radar reviewed the pro here --- http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -13-46960/

as far as i can tell it seems the only diference is a choice between campagnolo veloce or ultegra(with tiagra cassette) as the rest of the components and frame.wheels etc are the same?
or am i missing something...
would love to give a british company my money but only once i,m convinced they are worthy of it if course...
pro bike kit have both models in at good prices (further discount available) so if anyone has either bike and can offer their opinion i,d be grateful......or anyone else who has an opinion or any dealings with forme bikes in general..
thankyou

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Hi there

Don't have any direct experience of the Axe Edge models but I chose the Forme Longcliffe 2.0 frame + forks as the basis of my winter build last year. The Longcliffe 2,0 is a triple butted alu frame with carbon forks and alu steerer and is designed and manufactured for Forme by Kinesis. Below is the finished build as it was around April last year:-

8643132350_7b6ee8aa52_b.jpg

It's a great bike to ride. Have done quite a few sportives on it in last 10 months or so including the Etape Caledonia. One thing I have done to improve matters is to fit 25mm tyres. With 23mm tyres I found that the ride could become a little harsh due to road vibration transfer after several hours in the saddle.

I believe the geometry is the same if not similar to the axe edge models.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    I know a couple of folks that have carbon Forme bikes - and love them. Similarly, Moda have a good reputation too.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    There's a Forne Proshop with demo bikes in Duffield Derbyshire if your near enough.
    Think they bought out Moda and sell them now too.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • davem399
    davem399 Posts: 269
    Our LBS is a Forme dealer and quite a few locals ride and rate them. I have a Victuer (2011 model) which is carbon and mainly 105 kit and I find it to be a good bike.