Full Carbon with Tiagra For £699

diamonddog
diamonddog Posts: 3,426
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Planet X latest offering, looks a bargain.
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBHOTRTIA/ ... -272065433

Comments

• I saw this. It's a very good deal, but I think they've had these frames knocking about for a while.

There's also one with full Ultegra for £999, but I'd be going for their own Pro Carbon SL at that price.
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    Would you be seen dead riding something as ugly as that? Looks like a 1993 primary school design & technology project
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • Are there any great looking bikes at £700?

I tend not to judge people on what their bikes look like and don't really care what I'm riding as long as I'm having fun.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,892
    I think that's a fine looking bike, bit of colour as opposed to the monotone colours they tend to go for at the mo.
    CBHOTRTIA_P1.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Daniel B wrote:
    I think that's a fine looking bike, bit of colour as opposed to the monotone colours they tend to go for at the mo.

Each to their own!
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    That's a great looking bike.
    I just bought my missus the full 6800 ultegra Holdsworth for £999! BARGAIN!!! :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I'd put black rimmed wheels on myself but otherwise it is certainly a vast improvement on matt black - both aesthetically and practically.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Percy Vera wrote:
    That's a great looking bike.
    I just bought my missus the full 6800 ultegra Holdsworth for £999! BARGAIN!!! :)

Think this is the model referred to

DerbyshireDales-20130303-00101_zps21c4ee75.jpg

Aesthetically a bit more pleasing than the Tiagra version but a £300 premium to be paid. Not sure if you can opt for that frame colour with the Tigra groupset.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Site shows two colour options available.
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    Chadders81 wrote:
    Are there any great looking bikes at £700?

I tend not to judge people on what their bikes look like and don't really care what I'm riding as long as I'm having fun.
    Yes, there are plenty of bikes well below £700 that aren't vomit-inducing. The fact that people occasionally have to look at their bikes is helped by a tasteful colour scheme that's aesthetically pleasing. This one is a severe eyesore, several orders of magnitude worse than Belkin's 2014 Bianchis

I share your attitude to some extent, in fact neither of my bikes are particularly nice to look at and I'm not interested in making them look nice, just riding them. However if I'm ever suffering from an upset stomach as a result of food-borne bacteria or excess alcohol consumption I don't want to have to consciously avoid accidentally glancing at my bike in case it causes severe nausea making me feel even worse...
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Not everyone is concerned with looks, for example, consider the huge amount of people with ugly wives or girlfriends that they are really happy with and that they would probably review quite highly. Just because any good looking person wouldn't touch them with a bargepole based on looks doesn't actually reflect on how good those wives or girlfriends are or how they perform. The same obviously often applies within the gay community with boyfriends or partners, and it follows this probably applies with mountain bikes too.