altura varium

TheSloog
TheSloog Posts: 50
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone know what the fit on altura varium is like?
I've a 43-inch chest and not sure whether a large or xl would be right… fed up having all my gear either too tight or saggy!
Cheers

Comments

• YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    I'm 6'4" and normally a 42" chest / Large in "work shirts", T-shirts etc.

I got a Large Altura Varium recently and I find it too snug. The arms are long enough but it feels slightly short and too tight in the body - accepting that people may wish this style of jacket to be close-fitting. If it was slightly longer I'd probably keep it.

If I was to get one again I'd go for an XL - assuming the XL is actually longer in the body of course.
  • TheSloog wrote:
    Anyone know what the fit on altura varium is like?
    I've a 43-inch chest and not sure whether a large or xl would be right… fed up having all my gear either too tight or saggy!
    Cheers
    It all depends on the type of fit you want.
    I am 5 11 39/40 chest I always go for large and did so with this jacket thinking i take up room with a base layer.
    The fit is described as race fit by Altura and although the fit on me is close it is not race fit , i would need the medium for that.
    So in conclusion , in your case ;race fit buy large snug fit extra large.
    Good jacket ( especially if buying from Lekies !!) not so impressive at full price mind you.
    Runs fairly hot ,at effort ,even with a light base layer.
    regrds
    Mark
  • pitcaig
    pitcaig Posts: 39
    Yes I just got one today from Lekie's in Falkirk for £20
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    £20!!! I paid £80 for mine, albeit 2 years ago. Good jacket. It is very warm despite not being lined. The pit vents are useful but the pockets are not ideal and the stitching is woeful. Mine has come undone at the hem and sleeves. I am 5" 9.5 and a slim build and a M is a fairly generous fit. Certainly not race fir like Castelli. I have a M Gabba which is much tighter. All in all I think the Endura Windchill jacket is better designed and better quality but you can't argue with £20. I guess the Podium jacket has now replaced it?