Probikekit - very disappointing

littledove44
littledove44 Posts: 871
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Bad product descriptions.
Useless tracking information whilst waiting for the product.
Courier didn't get a signature as he is supposed to.
Item not as ordered.
Very difficult website to organise refund/credit.
I have to pay postage and packaging even though its their fault.
Online system failed during message submission.
Online system didn't track my query.

Dear oh dear.
Thought I would give them a try, but never again.
Back to Wiggle.

Comments

• never had any problems myself. Infact the best jersey I have had was a PBK one. Has lasted ages.
    Orders etc have always been ok and my only return was a Pearl Izumi top that was too small - no fuss.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Never sent anything back but all my orders have been satisfactory.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Ordered a fair amount of stuff from them over the past month or so - absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Still I guess there's always the exception and the OP seems to have been the one - unless that is someone else chips in with a tale of woe.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I've been using PBK for about 6 years, pre and post Hut Group acquisition. I've never had a single issue. One of the few web companies where I've been able to speak with a human being in customer services (for return and refund purposes) and they've been extremely polite and helpful.

Seems like you were unlucky. Don't be put off for life, give 'em a go to redeem themselves….
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    arlowood wrote:
    Ordered a fair amount of stuff from them over the past month or so - absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Still I guess there's always the exception and the OP seems to have been the one - unless that is someone else chips in with a tale of woe.

+1. Wheels, tyres and clothing ordered over the past couple of weeks all fine. I ordered the wheels and tyres on Friday night and they turned up Monday morning, you can't beat that for free delivery.
  • jordan_217 wrote:
    I've been using PBK for about 6 years, pre and post Hut Group acquisition. I've never had a single issue. One of the few web companies where I've been able to speak with a human being in customer services (for return and refund purposes) and they've been extremely polite and helpful.

Seems like you were unlucky. Don't be put off for life, give 'em a go to redeem themselves….

I will do. Sent them an email.
    Let's see if they reply....
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    Used them 3 times since finding them in December. They've under promised and over delivered on shipping (the opposite of my general Wiggle experience), even delivering within 24hrs at no charge on Chirstmas Eve when it wasn't req. Very impressed, particularly given the great prices with discount vouchers
  • I've picked up quite a bit over the past few months in PBK after a wee hiatus. Bloody superb service if you ask me! Great prices, especially with extra off codes. Top work PBK.
  • Just bought some trp R920 calipers for the new build so tine will tell.

will keep you posted.

i have had no problems in the past.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    I have heard they arn't the best when it comes to communication and refunds, I have used them for clothing and had no issues and all item delivered within a few days.
  • Item not as ordered.

What did you order? The rest seems to be just moaning.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    I placed my first order with Probikekit on Tuesday, item arrived today. Used the free delivery option, so it's all good, as Ian Fletcher would say.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    I've used them and found them pretty average.

They have good prices but found they're not the best customer service department out there.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Well, they have had all day and still haven't replied to my email or my message submission on their website.

Not my idea of great service. I got quicker replies from the guys in Germany.

And to whomever thinks this is moaning, I thought others may find the experience interesting.

It was brake parts by the way.
    I have now reached the point where I do not care if they contact me or not. I shall buy elsewhere in future. There are lots of better alternatives and life is too short.

The online shopping world is a tough place to do business.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I don't think PBK are unique in not having tip top email responses to customers. One order I had with them went a bit wrong (very minor issue) and I simply called them. I was very impressed with the way they responded and I have had no problems with all other transactions. It's not an excuse but I suspect they have been very busy the past few weeks given the aggressive promotions they have been running. Suggest you give them a call before writing them off.

Peter
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    I use PBK quite a bit and never any issues, looks like you have been unlucky.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,892
    Never had any problems personally.

Probably made about 10 orders with them, the most recent and biggest being a 6800 Ultegra groupset that turned up in good time, well packed and fully intact.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Out of all the shops, merlin/ribble/condor/bikeinn that i ordered almost a complete bike off in one night, Probike kit have been the first do deliver.

TRP R920 calipers, thank you very much.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • porker33
    porker33 Posts: 636
    I have always been impressed with their pricing, delivery and service.....

Best that the original poster sticks to systems he understands, that, there internet can be confusing for some! :D
  • porker33 wrote:
    I have always been impressed with their pricing, delivery and service.....

Best that the original poster sticks to systems he understands, that, there internet can be confusing for some! :D

Well, that's what 20 years in the computer industry and software development does for you. Not to mention the fact that I live in a somewhat remote area and probably place over 50 different internet orders every month to about 20 or thirty different suppliers so I am well placed to comment on carp processes when I see them.

That's one of the reasons that I made such a detailed description of where they fell down.

Final word. Today their customer service centre replied to my email.
    Completely ignored what I had said in my note to them, which included several questions.
    Just referred me to a web page.

I have sold the excess stuff they sent me to friends, so no loss to me.

So different to Wiggle, who screwed something up last week and were all over us trying to put it right. Pity they hadn't got stock of the item I wanted this time.