Camera Mount

Alanrocks
Alanrocks Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

New to this forum, but I was looking for a suggestion on holding/mounting my action cam on my handle bars or any other ways that you mount your action cam to you bike?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Avoid bar mounts. You get much better (steadier) video with the camera mounted on yourself
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    If its a Gopro i would 2nd the chest mount option,it gives way better footage and with the bars in the footage it looks nicer,In my opinion anyhoo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHpwqsN ... 4-overview
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's too shakey on a bar mount.
  • Whilst it is shakey on the bike, it can be useful to get some differnet shots depending on what you are putting together.

I particularly like a seatpost mount for filming people behind me as it show the terrain and movement of the bike a lot better than a helmet or chest mount (which tend to flatten things too much - helmet being worst for this), but use it sparingly in any edits. Often a more pleasant viewing experience if you mix it up than the traditional Mr Tickle arms
    Bikes:
    Cannondale Killer V 1995 (Promo model) - My first Race bike now converted to a commuter
    Lapierre X-Flow 712 - XC fs rocket
    Pivot Mach 6 - Enduro Machine
    Pinarello FP2 - Roadie
  • Thanks for the suggestions, do you have any links to some good 'body mounts'? The only problem is, i'm not using a GoPro (saving up for one) i'm using a Midland Action Cam so it has a generic 1/4" thread so i'm looking for a mount that would work with that! I could not find a chest mount at all for this type of cam.