Tell me about your dream workshop...

Duncanandthemachine
Duncanandthemachine Posts: 263
edited January 2014 in Workshop
Hi all,

Having just bought a house with a reasonable sized brick outbuilding, I am beginning to consider howo I can put together a good space for working on bikes. So to all you mechanics I pose the question - what would your dream workshop look like?

If any of you have built your own workshops and have photos of your pride and joy to show off, I'd love to see them!

Thanks,

Duncan

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Anything not 4" under water!!!

Park tool master tool kit (plus bearing press, pullers, extra hacksaw, wiggly nipple driver, loose allen keys, socket set, bit set and a couple of ratchets) , kestrel engineering stand, big ass vice, power tools(drill, dremmel, lathe, bench grinder, jigsaw), compressor, fridge, sound system, windows, sealed polished concrete floor that's level.
  • There a thread on here already somewhere where people sent in photos of their workshops - can't remember which section though.

For me I would happily take either MontyDog's or Sungod's workshops - nothing next door to Yossi though no matter how many Park Tools it contained!
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Like my existing shed, except with additional room for a lathe, mill, oxy-acetylene kit, tube notcher, pillar drill, surface grinder, cylindrical grinder, paint booth, air compressor and some other stuff that I need but can't think of right now.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,098
    You need room for a bar in there