9mm QR

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Looking (vaguely) at the SS 9mm QR for my bike as the Scareb forks are a little flexy, some questions
1/ Anyone know if the work with the SS Trizoid hubs (Yes I can measure and will do)
2/ Spacers, or do I use the spacers on the current axle?
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    if the trizoid can be converted to 9mm then yes they can.

AFAIK you just use the wheel like a normal QR
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What would stop the wheel moving sideways? If the 9mm will go through the bearings, then the wheel can slip sideways surely?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    You'll need new end caps.

It will make absolutely no difference though.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    As Njee says, it makes no difference whatsoever. I went from a Deore QR to the Superstar 9mm and then back again to the Deore QR. Couldn't tell a single difference riding, only off the bike when the Deore worked better and was lighter by about 20g off the top of my head (I seem to remember you like to know the weights of things). If anything I trusted the Deore more because it was an internal cam QR.

That was all on the same Fox Float 32.