Chain Reaction 'Order Processing'

Lewis A
Lewis A Posts: 767
edited January 2014 in MTB general
Hi all, I ordered a pair of Shimano Saint pedals on Monday from CRC, and whenever I check the order status it says 'Processing'. I ordered these at 10 am. Should I be worried/annoyed? Will the site tell me if they're dispatched or not?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Lewis
Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Ring them?

Online messenger type thing?
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Keep in mind they're now a worldwide store so your order will be one of many this morning. You usually get an email when your order has been dispatched though, but if you're worried they've sold out or whatever then there's no harm in giving them a call. They're always friendly and happy to help when I've had to call them in the past. FWIW, last order I placed with them was at 1:14am, and I had a dispatch email by 2:20pm same day.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Same problem here

Ordered a load of stuff 6 days ago. Emailed them yesterday and they said they are struggling with the amount of orders they have just now. My order isn't even showing on my account yet. They took the money days ago.

They said my order is being picked now, but wouldn't commit to when its going out. I've said that if they cant commit to getting it to me by Sat, then i want my money back.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Ordered Monday, email saying dispatched Tuesday, arrived Wednesday (CRC).....happy bunny!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Lewis A
    I think that when it's taken the estimated delivery time for standard shipping (5 days) to dispatch my order then I'll ask for a refund. I guess it won't kill me to get a pair of pedals a bit late though.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Ever since they went international they’ve gone downhill in terms of getting things to you in a timely manner. Not hard to see why but doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.

I tend to use Bike-Discount or HiBike for the majority of stuff these days. Merlin are great too, if they have what you’re after.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    most of the time they are fine

this is the only issue ive had for a while now
  • I blame Wiggle
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    CitizenLee wrote:
    Ever since they went international they’ve gone downhill in terms of getting things to you in a timely manner.

They've been blindingly quick on everything I've ordered.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I think CRC are a victim of their own success, if people don't get their goodies from them the next day even when they order at midnight they think something's up!!

They're still a hell of a lot quicker than pretty much any other place :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Ive never had a problem. Usual case for processing is if they're out of stock. Dont worry about it too much
  • I ordered the same pedals on Sunday night and have just had an email today to say the have been dispatched, so im hoping I return home to some new shiny pedals.

More than likely they will be delivered tomorrow now though.
    Rules the bends, Bends the rules
  • Lewis A
    Just got the dispatch email too, about time!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Long gone are the days when you went into a shop to order something and the order would be written in a grubby book by a mouth breather who couldnt spell. Then a month later you went in to ask about your order and the mouth breather would have forgotten to place order with the rep and you would have to wait another month for the wrong part to arrive.

Oh the good old days they were actually crap.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    stubs wrote:
    Long gone are the days when you went into a shop to order something and the order would be written in a grubby book by a mouth breather who couldnt spell. Then a month later you went in to ask about your order and the mouth breather would have forgotten to place order with the rep and you would have to wait another month for the wrong part to arrive.

+1 scabby potato
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Yup, taking nearly a week to dispatch 3 parcels recently for me.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    ordered a wheel tonight at 5.25 and email at 21:11 saying it had been despatched lol
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    stubs wrote:

You can still get that kind of service at Halfords... :wink:
  • morepower
    morepower Posts: 140
    I ordered something on the 2nd (Thursday) and it arrived on the 6th (Monday) Prompt and no problems....... Just could be I got in before the rush to spend that Christmas money.... lol
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Re the international element, the last order I placed with them arrived in 7 days in western canada - pretty good if you ask me.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    But I never actually got notification of dispatch
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Will be huge amount of orders with people buying the bargains in there January sale. so it will probably take a while longer then usual. Ordered some stuff the other week took 5 days to come, which is fine by me for the time of year and how busy they are. Plus at the prices I paid id be prepared to wait weeks tbh.
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    I had the same thing over christmas, I e-mailed them and they said it would be another 2-3 days before dispatch,...they turned up the following morning :?
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • Lewis A
    My order turned up today, I'm very impressed with the pedals, and delivery didn't take long at all, maybe the website was late updating after they were dispatched.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    I ordered something on the 12 of December, 1st class post, it came 8 january
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Ordered things Wednesday - still "Processing"

However I usually find CRC very good.