Fit for 30

2»

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Firstly well done!

Stick at it, if you can ride regularly it will make a tremendous difference.

I'm in my mid forties and have got my weight down to 76kg, my 10 mile commute now takes me 30mins and originally it took me 50!
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • mahesket
    mahesket Posts: 85
    Cheers, I'm enjoying it at the minute (helps with the current weather) its just nice being out on the bike in my own little world.

I really need to start pushing my self a bit more and being healthier with what I eat and quantities. I'm going away on an MTB weekend with the lads from work to Ibiza in 6 weeks so really need to step it up a notch to help with my fitness.
  • chriswim
    chriswim Posts: 20
    Nice work so far mate, look on Amazon for The Abs Diet book. Sounds a bit girly being a diet book but it's written by the Men's Health editor and aimed at guys like us. I used it and it was the easiest way I have ever found to drop weight. It goes in 6 week cycles and I dropped 6kg (about a stone) in my first 6 weeks. Cycling a couple of times per week fits with what they recommend and the eating plan suited me down to the ground. Never hungry. Everyone responds to different stuff but thought it was worth mentioning...

Keep it up!
  • mahesket
    Cheers Chris,

This week I am starting to assess my diet more thoroughly as I have been pretty slack up to now, but as I am more comfortable on the bike no is the time to start to push it.

It's 6 weeks till I go to Ibiza so I am treating it as a good amount of time to loose a chunk of weight and get more miles on my legs.

Commuted on my single speed this morning, very nice ride in although it was a bit sketchy due to the ice in places. The journey home will be the challenge as there are more hills on the way back, which shall challenge my legs with the gearing. On the flat it I spin along quite nicely so happy from that point of view.
  • mahesket
    Cried off commuting today when I saw the weather (need to man up and buy a waterproof HiViz)

Hopefully the weather will be better this evening and I can get a couple of miles in.