Shimano chains

Cqc
Cqc Posts: 951
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Quick question: what's the difference between the cn-hg95 and the cn-hg94 10 speed shimano chains price excluded? Just wondering

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Have to agree with this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    HG95 is the latest XT 10 speed chain and I think its a directional chain the HG94 is discontinued and I think is uni directional. As above get a KMC chain cheaper and tougher.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Will buy kmc in future but have bought the 95 version already though... Why is the list price higher on the 94 then?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Who knows. Who even knows where you are looking.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    stubs wrote:
    HG95 is the latest XT 10 speed chain and I think its a directional chain the HG94 is discontinued and I think is uni directional. As above get a KMC chain cheaper and tougher.

The xt hg95 is directional you can see on the inner and outer plates, i've just bought one as i'm upgrading my bike to 10speed and havent been impressed by sram or kmc chains so just bought the shimano one which i've used before for many years without any issues.

Never had any problems with the link pin either on shimano which a lot of people complain about.