Sherwood pines, NEW 2014 sections.

L3BIUS
L3BIUS Posts: 91
edited January 2014 in Routes
I rode sherwood pines red trail a few times in december and noticed a few chunks of the trail being closed while they were being redone, and some new bits being created!

Just wondered if anyone on here knows the expected completion date.. or perhaps a link to a website with the plans/progress on... i've had a quick look but cant see anything..

Exited to ride these new bits when they are done! they look pretty sweet!
The New Beast GT Aggressor 2013 project

The Old Beast GT Aggressor Hardtail 2011 Custom Spec

Places i want to visit:
Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn

Comments

• smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    Hi,i was up there new years eve for the first time since July!,did not see any new sections ? but they have re-surfaced some of the old bits and cut some new berms in,mainly on the last couple of sections before the boring slog back to the car park :).

this is the only site i know of apart from the FC site http://www.sherwoodpinescyclingclub.co.uk
  • I was up there yesterday. There is a new jump between checkpoint 3 & 4 iirc.
  • Went today, there's the new jump just before point 4 looks big but didn't try is due to the lake at the bottom!!
    The new berms and surface towards the end makes the last section quicker so isn't as boring.