Euskaltel Team edition Orbea 2014 - pictures

hobbot
hobbot Posts: 37
edited January 2014 in Road general
Euskaltel's Orbea Team for 2014. Hopefully their attempt to exist as a Continental Pro team for the next season will succeed.

complete gallery is here

13-4.jpg
13-9.jpg
13-20.jpg
13-11.jpg

Comments

• Doesn't look like a team bike. Ultegra group set and ksyrium equipe wheels? Probably a £3k bike all in at full retail.
    all the same its a beaut of a bike :wink:
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • Stem is way too short also
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Don't like it as much as the old Orbea Orcas, 2011-13 ish, they were stunning bikes.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,470
    Really don't like the paint jobs on the Orcas this year! At first it looks like the frame has been updated (maybe that's the intention), but the lines are the same, it's just that the paint scheme gives a completely different emphasis. The Orca frame has lovely art deco lines to it and looks best when the paint scheme compliments that. Take a look at the 2013 version - so much better than the 2014 one!

2013 Team
    1277357771080-1mds18vw0mntq-798-75.jpg
    2014 Team
    13-4.jpg

The 2014 team edition is extreme in diverging from that, but even the other 2014 editions look dull next to the 2013 ones:

2014 M11
    B112TTCC-P2-SIDE-ORCAM11-14.53.jpg

I just don't understand how anyone at Orbea could have thought that these new paint schemes looked better... My theory is that many of the big manufacturers are delaying bringing out new frame designs until the disk brake debate is settled, as a full commitment to disks on top-end bikes will require new frame designs to cope with the different loads and stresses. So to make each year's ranges seem fresh and new, they are just changing the paint schemes as much as possible on the same old frames. Scott have done something similar with the Foil:

2013 Team
    79947d54fecf.jpg

2014 Team
    Scott%20Foil%20Team%20Issue%202014.jpg

Again, the earlier paint scheme was designed to compliment and emphasise the natural lines of the frame, while the 2014 one intentionally clashes with the frame design, probably just to look different.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'm not sure it's a genuine, team edition bike.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Southgate
    Southgate Posts: 246
    Ben6899 wrote:

It's basically my bike (2013 Orbea) with a nasty paint job, so NOT the real deal. Very nice bike mind, but with an Ultegra Di2 groupset and a list price of sub £4k (much cheaper if you shop around), you won't find it in the pro-peloton (well not until they sign me up :wink: )
    Superstition begins with pinning race number 13 upside down and it ends with the brutal slaughter of Mamils at the cake stop.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Southgate wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

It's basically my bike (2013 Orbea) with a nasty paint job, so NOT the real deal. Very nice bike mind, but with an Ultegra Di2 groupset and a list price of sub £4k (much cheaper if you shop around), you won't find it in the pro-peloton (well not until they sign me up :wink: )

... was basically my thinking!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • hibster
    hibster Posts: 58
    rjh299 wrote:
    Don't like it as much as the old Orbea Orcas, 2011-13 ish, they were stunning bikes.

what he said
    simply gorgeous
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,470
    Southgate wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

It is the current team frameset however, even if the build is not team issue - EE were riding this frame even last year:

Astarloza+293.jpg
    Certainly agree that the 2013 version is much nicer!
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    There really is something very pretty about Oreba frames. I do agree that this paint job isn't as nice as last year, but still very nice.

I might actually go as far as to say a pimped out Oreba might just be my dream bike :p
  • hibster
    hibster Posts: 58
    Orbea Phil, Orbea

i have a 2008 marmolada & whilst i love what orbea do ethically its no looker