IMG_13471.jpg

Any idea if this can be fixed? Thanks,

Ryan.

Comments

• pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    may be able to glue it back down with some epoxy resin,
    but id just buy new
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • Could you not prise the whole peice off to straighten it. Then use an epoxy to glue it on?

Geoff
  • Hope your crash wasn't too bad mate, I probably would leave it if you can clip in and out ok? looks to be an anti wear plate? Saying that I had an off a while back, and have transferred the pedals to the new bike, really scraped up so am flashing over with some hammerite to freshen them up a bit, but thats just me :)
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Take pedal off bike, clean all the grit out from underneath the plate, clean the scuffed-up plastic off the edge with a knife, put the pedal on a block of wood or similar to support it, then bang the plate back flat with a hammer
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    andy_wrx wrote:
    Take pedal off bike, clean all the grit out from underneath the plate, clean the scuffed-up plastic off the edge with a knife, put the pedal on a block of wood or similar to support it, then bang the plate back flat with a hammer

That's unlikely to work as the pedal body will prevent the plate being hammered back to its original position, it will just keep popping back up. If you can't remove the plate to straighten it and then reattach it properly then you will either have to live with if it still works or replace. Ideally find someone who is chucking a pair the same because that happened to the other pedal! :wink:

PP
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,975
    You my be able to get the glue underneath it then C-Clamp it down tight and allow the glue to dry.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    I managed to do similar damage to one of my Look Keo Max pedals, but it was the left hand one that suffered.

Can I buy your undamaged pedal please?