Which bike shed?

adamjc
adamjc Posts: 11
edited January 2014 in Commuting general
I'm sinking a Sheffield stand into concrete and planning on building a shed around it to house our 3 bikes (my road bike, 650b FS MTB and my wife's hybrid).

I wanted to see if there are any recommendations for good sheds or websites.

Looking for a shed just to house the bikes, and as low as possible (we won't be standing up in there) so as not to block out sunlight (it will be close to our windows).

Any recommendations?

Comments

• BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    I've got one of these bad boys
    http://www.the-shed-centre.co.uk/produc ... e.asp?pr=9

a security shed - reinforced walls, you cannot just pull the roof off, and the door is pretty secure. It just makes it more difficult for the runts to break in there, so I thought probably worth the extra dosh. They put down a concrete base for it, so it would be easy to drill an anchor in if you wanted, although I haven't.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Asgard are highly recommended
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    davis wrote:
    Asgard are highly recommended

+1

I recommended these to a mate and he bought the 3 bike variant. It weighs a ton, has multiple locking points (covered) and v easy to get bikes in and out of.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Do you have a local place that you can just go and look at different sheds?

I'd do that as you can often have them made to the exact height etc. that you want.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn