Planet-X Resist Rollers v Sportscrafters OverDrive Pro

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Daughter as asked for some resistance rollers to replace her Tacx Antares. Favourite would be Minoura with add-on resistance unit, but I can't find a UK supplier of the resistance unit, so looking at alternatives.

Plantet- X have their own branded resistance rollers, and also sell the Sportscrafter Overdrive resistance rollers. Apart from colour they look the same, and Planet x state that their rollers have been co-developed with Sportscrafter.

So, are they the same? Any good? Lightweight? Portable? etc etc

Anyone? Thanks

Comments

• Same rollers. :)

Chad, TrainerRoad LLC
  • Garryboy
    Garryboy Posts: 344
    I have the sportcrafter ones. Bought the overdrive roller separately.
    I like them, they generate a lot of resistance meaning you need to be comfortable/stable riding at 16-17mph on rollers (as opposed to 25-30mph with no resistance).
    They also work well with trainerroad, although the curve for them seems to under report power compared to my jet fluid pro turbo (not saying that is more accurate, just different). Might be because the curve on tr is based on a 65kg rider and weight plays a fairly big factor with rollers (more so then a turbo).
    I've also found them very durable so far, had them for over a year, kept on cold damp garage, used and abused and they still spin like new.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I have the Planet X core rollers, certainly don't feel I'm missing out without resistance.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach