Bike Buddy Rescue

PaulS77
PaulS77 Posts: 48
edited January 2014 in The cake stop
Apologies if this is out of place, not sure on the rules on advertising but here we go. A friend of mine's had an idea for an app where cyclists sign up and if they have a problem when out on the road they can send an SOS out to other cyclists asking for help, forgotten pump, no tubes or patches or whatever.

This is the link: http://www.squidoo.com/bikebuddyrescue

Anyone think this is a worthwhile idea. Shoot me down by all means :-D

Cheers, Paul

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Whilst I can understand it in a real emergency, I'm not likely to got and take a pump/spare tube to some fekless lump who's relying on good samaritans.
    As I said, real emergency local enough maybe!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    As above. Or maybe tell them to stick a £20 note behind a bar end and get a cab home rather than getting me out of bed to sort out their problems for them.

Or, if it's really serious, call an ambulance.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    If you are organised enough to sign up to such a service aren't you probably organised enough not to forget stuff?

Personally, if someone flags me down I'll stop and help if I can but I'm not going to have some horrible app beeping at me everytime someone has a problem somewhere and I'm not going to go off route to investigate (only to turn up and find the victim surrounded by half a dozen good samaritans using the same app!).

But then I don't have apps anyway and I don't answer my phone if it rings on the ride either (infact, if I was organised, I'd just switch it off).

But I'm sure it is the sort of thing some people would like and use and it doesn't need everyone to work.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • PaulS77
    PaulS77 Posts: 48
    Appreciate the replies, thanks :-)
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Like the others, I don't mind helping out those that I see on the side of the road if I'm going the right way.

But I'm not going to be on call for some prat who won't put a pump/saddlebag on his bike because it spoils the look and is against some 'Rules'.

The older I get, the better I was.