Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2 10Sp

upperoilcan
upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
Well after much farting about with fit issues here is my new bike.
Ultegra Di2.
3T finishing kit.
Rotor 3df Crank arms and rings ( Non Q )
Mavic Sls Wheels.

Rome144_zps099a9b8e.jpg
Rome149_zps7e0a90b1.jpg
Rome151_zpsd3eec9fd.jpg
Rome147_zpsb4d911b5.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Oh my! First Cervelo on here in AGES that looks great. Good effort!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Want!!
    Buff said..
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Oh, I say. Ding dong!
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    what speed is it doing in those pics? :wink:
    If ever a bike looked fast stood still!!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Looks great. :) I guess I was wrong about the size then!

.......Are you sure your only 5'6?? :shock:
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Really 8)
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Wow
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Well, I think it looks like a dog's dinner, but I'm sure it rides beautifully! :)

I like the look of the bar tape though, what is it?
  • upperoilcan
    mfin wrote:
    Well, I think it looks like a dog's dinner, but I'm sure it rides beautifully! :)

I like the look of the bar tape though, what is it?

Thanks,The bar tape is Fizik.

Remarkable wrote:
    Looks great. :) I guess I was wrong about the size then!

Lol yup !

.......Are you sure your only 5'6?? :shock:

I was when I was last measured :D

Thanks to everyone else's comments,can't say how the ride is yet as I only picked it up today and the weather put a stop to my first proper ride,fingers crossed I might be able to take it for a spin Saturday if the weather forecast is to be believed ?!?
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,863
    looks fantastic
  • Looks lovely I have the same frame hoping to install di2 on. Is your battery on the stay or in the seat tube? Was it hard to install?
  • upperoilcan
    Looks lovely I have the same frame hoping to install di2 on. Is your battery on the stay or in the seat tube? Was it hard to install?

Thanks guys,my battery is on the stay,mine was built by the shop so can't help with installation,I can tell you that the gear shifts are very crisp.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Why is the saddle so far forward?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • That is a gorgeous bike! Might have to add a similar build to the wish list...
  • upperoilcan
    Why is the saddle so far forward?

You think that looks forward ? :shock: you will need to try harder Sloppy.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Stunning!
  • I like :D
  • upperoilcan
    Thanks again for the comments,I managed to take it out today (Not for long though) and 1st impressions are that it's very quick and gets up to speed in next to no time,so much so that I was quite taken aback by just how different the ride is compared to my old Bianchi Via Nirone,I have also come to find that my ride position is is a lot more aggressive than my old bike.( The comfort days are over :D )

The 3T Bars will also take a bit of getting used to as they feel like they are made for people with small hands when on the drops.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Best looking S5 I've seen.....and again, it looks fast standing still :)
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    mfin wrote:
    I tend to agree but it's not your fault, it's Cervelo's for the garish stickers.

Interesting fit here: given the amount of visible seatpost I'd have tried you on a size smaller to lower your bars height and bring them closer in, so your shoulders and head would be in the same poisiton, just your elbows might be more bent. That's my brain projecting you on to the bike. I picture your arms stretched almost straight out in front if you, elbows locked...but what do I know.

Glad it rides fast!
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • mfin wrote:
    I tend to agree but it's not your fault, it's Cervelo's for the garish stickers.

Interesting fit here: given the amount of visible seatpost I'd have tried you on a size smaller to lower your bars height and bring them closer in, so your shoulders and head would be in the same poisiton, just your elbows might be more bent. That's my brain projecting you on to the bike. I picture your arms stretched almost straight out in front if you, elbows locked...but what do I know.

Glad it rides fast!

You must have missed this:

viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12954014
  • upperoilcan

Glad it rides fast!

Basically,I fit on either the 51 or the 54cm frame,I chose to have the 54 as I did not like the amount of spacers I would of had to have on the 51 under the stem (30/40mm) to achieve my bike fit position,yes the 54 means less seat post showing but I only have a spacer of 10mm under the stem as the head tube is longer.

I have only done 50 miles on it so far and the only thing I have noticed is that my lower back is taking the strain due to me being in a more aggressive position compared to my old Bianchi.I don't feel at all stretched out on it and once I've got a few more miles under my belt I'm sure the lower back stiffness will cease.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • FransJacques
    Glad you like it so far. With exceptional people fit can be a challenge.

Try some good stretching of your lower back and glutes after you ride (ie. when you're muscles are warm) to aid with the adaptation.

A pic of you on the bike from the side with your camera-side crank arm at 6 o'clock would be highly instructive, if you're inclinded that is, to post one. 1 on the hoods and 1 in the drops would be perfect!
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • upperoilcan
    Thanks for the advise mate,when I have some pics of me on the bike I will PM them to you.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    green with envy
  • FransJacques
    Cav just dropped a size to a (gasp) 49cm. Normal journalists would have added a picture of his previous set up for contrast. But no, the summer interns have left and the lazy, salaried CN guys just couldn't be bothered:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pro ... orks-venge

Thanks for the sizing diagram, I'll respond offline.