Cotic Bfe

2»

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    jerryfudd wrote:

thanks, that's what I meant by their new style one in my earlier posts, don't like it either lol

I wondered if that's what you meant, but it was unclear from your post. I've got one (in sesible black ;) ), I think it's an excellent piece of design (and you get a few minutes of origami fun assembling it).
  • jerryfudd
    jerryfudd Posts: 343
    I wondered if that's what you meant, but it was unclear from your post. I've got one (in sesible black ;) ), I think it's an excellent piece of design (and you get a few minutes of origami fun assembling it).

that's good to know, I wasn't sure how rigid it would be plus if it would produce a sensible mounting angle as the mount point I'm using is actually lower than I want the mudguard to sit (check the original pics)

I've got one of the tube mounted gut guards on order at the moment too. the bender fender seems good and am using it also on my commuter didn't fancy the XL on either even though I'm sure the protection would be better - it's certainly better than nothing but still get standing water flying up in my face. the commuter also has the seat mounted one which is ok but wanted something a bit better for the Bfe.

I'm probably going to spray my current one and if it looks naff get the one you suggest.

thanks
  • Kowalski675
    It has four angle adjustment, but it's designed for mounting on the seat tube. I don't think you'd get the angle you want if mounting it where the one in your pics is mounted.
  • jerryfudd
    It has four angle adjustment, but it's designed for mounting on the seat tube. I don't think you'd get the angle you want if mounting it where the one in your pics is mounted.

that's what I thought and same for most that I've seen including the crud catcher.
  • jerryfudd
    annoyingly I'm still yet to ride it, but should be able to finally get it out this weekend but changed the rear mud guard colour and added a muddy nuts gut guard which I'm still in two minds about keeping or not but its on for now....

IMG_2245_zps1bd86046.jpg

IMG_2246_zpsb6cb14b7.jpg
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Looks great but I'm afraid to say the rear mudguard, downtube guard and that top tube bag ruin it - still looks good though!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • white91
    white91 Posts: 431
    And the front brake hose routing other side the fork leg
  • @lexD
    @lexD Posts: 340
    edited January 2014
    white91 wrote:
    And the front brake hose routing other side the fork leg

Yeah I said that on the first page snaggy snaggy .........
  • jerryfudd
    gonna loose the tube mudguard and the rear one I reckon and may get another bender fender (in white) if anything. going to keep the bag though, it's not great but I need somewhere to store stuff away.

not gonna move the cable as the factory routing sends it up that way and for that fact it'd annoy me lol it may not look like it but doesn't snag.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    jerryfudd wrote:
    gonna loose the tube mudguard and the rear one I reckon and may get another bender fender (in white) if anything. going to keep the bag though, it's not great but I need somewhere to store stuff away.

not gonna move the cable as the factory routing sends it up that way and for that fact it'd annoy me lol it may not look like it but doesn't snag.

Two words. Hydration. Pack. There's some great options out there, far more practical and less of an eye sore and racket source than any kind of on bike bag.
  • Kowalski675
    jerryfudd wrote:
    not gonna move the cable as the factory routing sends it up that way

That doesn't mean it's right. Boardman do it at the factory too, but it's still daft - rerouted mine straight away, before it caught on something and got ripped off.
  • mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
    jerryfudd wrote:

How do you know it doesn't snag if your your yet to ride it? I personally wouldn't take the chance of it getting caught in a stray branch though.

I'd go for a Mucky Nutz butt fender on the rear. £4:50 for a clear one. Throw it away after the winter, lol
  • jerryfudd
    had it up on the bike stand moved it around, also the forks were cabled that way on the donor bike
  • jerryfudd
    jerryfudd wrote:
    had it up on the bike stand moved it around, also the forks were cabled that way on the donor bike

ah I see, you mean snagging on tree's etc..... for
    some reason I thought you meant something else.

still hasn't done it on the trails but might see if I can still
    make the cable routing point running on the inside of the fork.
  • jerryfudd
    by popular demand.......

C5E9B8FD-7D7B-49BF-9E06-51FD0021E293_zpslff3swpu.jpg

do the cables seem a bit on the long side to anyone else?
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Loads better now, Wouldn't bother trimming the hoses unless they're stupidly long.
  • mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
    Well done :)

Cables look okay to me. I do like the bike btw
  • Kowalski675
    Cables look fine to me (now you've rerouted that brake hose). Love the green too.
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Needs some more aggressive forks now.
  • jerryfudd
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    Needs some more aggressive forks now.

yeah although dont think funds will allow for sometime now :cry:
  • finally got round to the first ride today and loved it :mrgreen:

IMG_2248_zpse42b7b9f.jpg

IMG_2253_zps0c219498.jpg

IMG_2250_zps9509ae63.jpg

IMG_2256_zpsb65c53ac.jpg
  • Looking good mate love mine only ridden it about 4 times now, needs a dropper post though finding it hard to cope without lol