Hollowtech II Spacers on 73mm Shell

jerryfudd
jerryfudd Posts: 343
edited January 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I've installed this with just 1 spacer on the drive side as directed but having issues with my ISCG05 Blackspire Stinger that even with the Blackspire spacers/washers installed the granny ring from the M785 double is still too far away causing issues with it jumping onto the upper roller.

Can I just move the 1 BB spacer to non-drive side? I can't see it would have any adverse effect and solve my issue?

thanks

Dan

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    remove spacers from the stinger?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jerryfudd
    nicklouse wrote:
    remove spacers from the stinger?

then it's further away from the granny ring, the spacers sit it further from the mount.... apparently it should sit 4-6mm from the granny ring and mine is further out than that.

so if I can't get the Stinger to sit out further than I was thinking of moving the crank further in?

Dan
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    post up pics as it sounds like you have it set wrong.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    jerryfudd wrote:
    it jumping onto the upper roller.

I thought that was how it was supposed to run? I had a BB mount one that replaced the driveside spacer when i ran 2x9 and yes if I ever went into the Granny ring the chain moved up onto the upper part of the roller. Never caused an issue really as I hardly ever used the small ring (hence changing to 1x9), and If i did ever drop down it would be on a climb so there was very minimal (if any) chain bounce.
  • jerryfudd
    oxocube1 wrote:
    jerryfudd wrote:
    it jumping onto the upper roller.

I thought that was how it was supposed to run? I had a BB mount one that replaced the driveside spacer when i ran 2x9 and yes if I ever went into the Granny ring the chain moved up onto the upper part of the roller. Never caused an issue really as I hardly ever used the small ring (hence changing to 1x9), and If i did ever drop down it would be on a climb so there was very minimal (if any) chain bounce.

the problem is it struggles to jump up there.

just going through the whole setup again now and will get some pics when I'm done.

thanks
  • jerryfudd
    complete shock....... my own fault....... doh :roll:

was a new setup and the front derailleur cage wasn't setup properly, all working now :oops: