Tour of Flanders Accomidation

kylabr
kylabr Posts: 101
edited January 2014 in Pro race
Hi all
I know it's only 4 months away til tour of Flanders but trying to find Accomidation for the weekend,ive tried all my contacts in Belgium Oudenaarde and they all fully booked,does anyone know of someone or some place that got space even on the floor.

Comments

• mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Stay in Ghent and ride out along to towpath to Oudenaarde on the day, its only 20k or so...mind you, you will feel it riding back after finishing especially if there is a headwind!
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    *accommodation
  • kylabr
    Dont really wanna stay in Ghent because the finish is in Oudenaarde,I lived in Oudenaarde and really like the town so wanted the boys to experience the cafés,ronde van vlanderen museum and the team is based in Oudenaarde
  • hstiles
    hstiles Posts: 414
    Google Maps and booking.com is your friend. I'm riding the sportive and managed to snap up a B&B in Wakken, around 12 miles from Oudenaarde.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    kylabr wrote:
    Dont really wanna stay in Ghent because the finish is in Oudenaarde,I lived in Oudenaarde and really like the town so wanted the boys to experience the cafés,ronde van vlanderen museum and the team is based in Oudenaarde
    If you lived in Belgium and Oudenaarde in particular, I reckon you have a better chance than anyone of knowing some accommodation*
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • kylabr
    Ye you right but I thought I'd try my luck if anyone had any contact as most of the b&b ans cycling houses are booked out already til may
  • I sayed in a B&B called Hof van Steelant in Loppem, about 5km from Brugge last year. Excellent stay with a whopping brekkie to set you up for the day. Loppem is in the municipality of Zedelgem, so you shouldn't be too far from the action. If you google Loppem there is a link.
    Ecrasez l’infame