Cube Agree Gtc Race 2013 + Other Bikes

STIKMAN
STIKMAN Posts: 6
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
Hello all: at long last managed to work out how to post pictures.
Not the best of pictures(taken from a iPad).

Cube Agree Gtc Race 2013:
Ultegra/105 mix: The only parts changed have been fulcrum Quattro wheels & ultegra brakes.
Cube Agree Gtc Race
Cannondale Caad8
Btwin Triban3

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Welcome to the forum.
    That looks very nice, hope you enjoy it. :)
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    How long have you had it? I've enjoyed mine, I also upgraded the brakes to Ultegra and swapped the wheels. Currently riding it on winter fulcrum 7's as the Easton rear is being fixed.

null-14.jpg
  • That looks very nice, hope you enjoy it. :) Thanks diamond,just waiting for better weather before it gets used. :cry:

Hello supermurph: Only had it since December so not been out on it yet.Took the Easton's off straight away because I'm not a big fan of the aero50's,thinking of putting them on one of my other bikes,not sure if they'll stand up to the winter riding though?
    Cube Agree Gtc Race
    Cannondale Caad8
    Btwin Triban3
  • supermurph09
    I had no problems with the Eastons initially, rode last winter on them and up until June 13 when I bought the deep sections. I then put the Eastons back on for a hill climb in October 13 (it was very windy!), and the rear hub developed a fault (messing up my HC). I've returned it to the shop and its being fixed under warranty.

There has been a tyre recall on the Ultremos so make sure you take advantage. I'd been using one as a turbo tyre and they have still swapped it. So two word tyres being replaced by 2 new ones. Happy days.
  • Had a couple of people I know who had the aero50's and they both had problems with the spokes popping quite often,but with me being a lightweight (62kg) I don't know if it would happen to me that often but I thought I'll stick with the trusty fulcrum's.

Already fitted my new ultremo's after the recall,still might right risk the cube ultremo's at some time though.

Those deeper rims do make a difference to the look of the cube,are they the Planet X rims and what are they like for climbing?
    Cube Agree Gtc Race
    Cannondale Caad8
    Btwin Triban3
  • supermurph09
    Yes they are Planet X (52mm). For climbing I doubt there is much improvement but on the flat when cracking on I have felt the difference. Overall though, I do feel they pick up quicker. The Eastons feel a litle dull in comparison.
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    Like buses these 2013 Agree Teams!

Nice bikes guys.

2013-12-29%252011.56.24.jpg

Really enjoy riding mine. Thought about upgrading to a Litening but ultimately decided I like it and upgraded the wheels to tubeless, carbon on the bar stem and purely for vanity the crankset to Ultegra. A little weight saving is nice but the main reason for the changes is comfort and puncture resistance. The bike is no slouch in the comfort stakes but the changes have taken it to a new level, it now skims across rough roads. It nicer to ride and I can see myself living with it for a good while now. Might look at the brakes, not had to much issue with them thus far but notice it's one of the first changes you guys made, major difference?

Also just added Crud Roadracers for the winter, was much nicer riding in the wet last time out.

Enjoy riding yours.
  • Not had chance to test the brakes yet but thought I'd upgrade to Ultegra to match the rest of the groupset,just changed the pad's to swissstop's to help a bit more in the wet condition's.Ultegra crankset will be my next upgrade in the summer hopefully.

How did you find fitting the crud roadracer's?
    Cube Agree Gtc Race
    Cannondale Caad8
    Btwin Triban3
  • defride
    STIKMAN, the roadracers were surprisingly easy. The Easton EA90 rims are quiet wide and the Ultremo 23s sit low so theres a reasonable gap under the brake arches. I had a look at the clip from their website and following those instructions it only took 20 mins or so. The leaflet in the box is pretty useless.

Fingers crossed we may get a bit of dry weather toward the end of the week and you'll have a chance to ride yours.

All the best.
  • supermurph09
    defride wrote:
    Like buses these 2013 Agree Teams!

Nice bikes guys.

2013-12-29%252011.56.24.jpg

Really enjoy riding mine. Thought about upgrading to a Litening but ultimately decided I like it and upgraded the wheels to tubeless, carbon on the bar stem and purely for vanity the crankset to Ultegra. A little weight saving is nice but the main reason for the changes is comfort and puncture resistance. The bike is no slouch in the comfort stakes but the changes have taken it to a new level, it now skims across rough roads. It nicer to ride and I can see myself living with it for a good while now. Might look at the brakes, not had to much issue with them thus far but notice it's one of the first changes you guys made, major difference?

Also just added Crud Roadracers for the winter, was much nicer riding in the wet last time out.

Enjoy riding yours.

I really like what you've done, the black seat and bars with the Ultegra chainset set it off a treat. That will likely be how mine ends up. I have actually just ordered a Canyon but the Cube will still be used heavily. Thinking of turning it into a TT bike, but it will be my designated turbo/poor weather bike. Excellent bike, I've been happy with my choice. I think they about £1250 new for the 2013 model now, I'd say that was a great deal.
  • defride
    I really like what you've done, the black seat and bars with the Ultegra chainset set it off a treat. That will likely be how mine ends up. I have actually just ordered a Canyon but the Cube will still be used heavily. Thinking of turning it into a TT bike, but it will be my designated turbo/poor weather bike. Excellent bike, I've been happy with my choice. I think they about £1250 new for the 2013 model now, I'd say that was a great deal.

I'm pretty happy with it. Didn't like the bling of the EA50's, almost put me off the bike but they destickered easily enough and I liked the black wheels, prefer the look of the bike in that gise. Unfortunately the EA90 graphics are painted on.

Look forward to hear what you think of the Canyon and how it compares.
  • lightbox?id=11838872113

My first try at posting pics so hope it works!

This is my agree gtc pro 2013
    Pretty much standard I've got new pedals to go on,garmin 810,crud mk2s and a couple of lights oh and my bag and bottle holder!
    Cube agree pro 2013
    Trek fuel ex8 2009 (rootbeer)