Buying Sidi Road Shoes

spanner239
spanner239 Posts: 181
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
I need some new road shoes and quite fancy some Sidi's as I used to own a pair ages ago and they were excellent. I have quite wide feet so would like to try some in normal and mega fit. Problem is I can't find anywhere that actually stocks the shoes and rather than have to fork out for several pairs online does anyone know of any shops in the West Mids or MK area (or in between) that actually stocks Sidi?

p.s. I tried Evans who are a Sidi dealer, they don't stock in store and wouldn't order any pairs to try unless I paid for them up front.

Comments

• mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Order from wiggle or somewhere then send back the one one that dont fit. Can surely only be between one size or the other? You wont need to try ten pairs get say a 9 and 10 see how you get on for example? Google sidi stockists i guess?
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    Also remember that many online retailers don't stock all of the sizes. Sidis come in half Euro sizes (42, 42.5, 43 etc) and often shops will only have full sizes, The half sizes use the same soles as the full size below but are more roomy in the uppers (this can make them seem longer and looser overall as well as wider, so it's not really a solution for wide feet specifically).

Unfortunately the mega sizes are only available in a few models and not the top ones. The Geniuses were supposed to have a wider toe box than the old Ergo 3s, but I've also heard that the new wires are slightly wider in the toes than the Ergo 3s too.

Another thing - you will probably want to replace the standard insole with something more supportive, which will probably take up more room. Don't forget to allow for that when choosing the size.

I've had many imperfectly fitting sidis over the years... :wink: (current pair are perfect though!)
  • Exactly my problem, there are so many size combinations. I would like to try a 42.5, 43 and 43.5 in normal and mega, that is six combinations to begin with! Taking Wiggle as an example they don't seem to stock the half sizes so how can you ever be happy you have the ideal fit?

I am struggling to find a shop that even has a single pair of shoes let alone a decent range of sizes, the Sidi importer website is next to useless when it comes to locating a dealer.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Are you in a club? Ask other sidi wearers for a go in theirs. Be prepared to size up from most other brands and heed what was said above the foot beds - they really are rubbish.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    This may help, I think Sidis are wider than they used to be, I fit the same size Sidi as specialized
    http://www.sidiamerica.com/sidi/fit.html