Bible Belt Tornado Funny

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited January 2014 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    I like that. I occasionally have put up with bible bashing in-laws from Atlanta and will show them this :)

Coincidentally my brother in-law's idiotic American wife was telling me a few years ago how a friend of hers was hospitalised by a tornado, but she recovered 'real quick with God's help' (which for her proved he exists :roll: ). I asked her whether this was the same God who sent the tornado that put her in hospital in the first place :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    When you don't have a coherent health service and benefit system, you have to rely on a celestial being to cover your ass.

Maybe she recovered quickly because the 'meter was running' ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    When you don't have a coherent health service and benefit system, you have to rely on a celestial being to cover your ass.

Oi, don't go all leftiebollox and serious on me or I'll send you to Communting Chat.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Oi, don't go all leftiebollox and serious on me or I'll send you to Communting Chat.

The communters are suicidal closet sociopathic fascists.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The communters are suicidal closet sociopathic fascists.
    You call 'em fascists, I call 'em lefties. That says something about both of us :lol:
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I like that. I occasionally have put up with bible bashing in-laws from Atlanta and will show them this :)

Coincidentally my brother in-law's idiotic American wife was telling me a few years ago how a friend of hers was hospitalised by a tornado, but she recovered 'real quick with God's help' (which for her proved he exists :roll: ). I asked her whether this was the same God who sent the tornado that put her in hospital in the first place :P

Are you sure you didn't 'nick' that from the classic years old Viz letter? :

Dear Viz, A woman who's daughter was hospitalised in a US tornado told ITV News that "God would make her better." Presumably, that's a different God from the one that almost killed her with a tornado.
  • Stevo_666
    Nope, it actually happened to a friend of hers - but I do 'fess up that I got the idea for the question from reading Viz :mrgreen: . The reaction was priceless...