ND(H)uro @ Hamsterley 30/3/14

Proutster
Proutster Posts: 785
edited December 2014 in XC and Enduro
Just signed up for the ND(H)uro at Hamsterley on 30th March, as my first Gravity Enduro :shock:

clicky

Anyone else entering?

Now to get fitter and to grow a pair....

Comments

• sofaboy73
    sofaboy73 Posts: 574
    Looks very tempting. Any idea what the standard is like. From what I've read events like the UK gravity enduro series are pretty much ex downhilk racers and all a bit serious

Is this aimed more at mere morals?
  • Proutster
    I hope so!!

I'm - on my very, very best day - a mere mortal..

I think this series is a lot less pressurised than the UK GE one, plus the fact that it's so far up North will put a lot of people off travelling that far.

I'm pretty sure that the 1st round of the BDS is on at Antur Stiniog on this weekend as well, so there shouldn't be any serious downhillers "trying their hand".

Anyway, too late for me now as I've paid!
  • Just signed up for the Hamsterley enduro, this is also my first!

Did anybody have a go at the TT there last weekend? Just seen the youtube video, looks like it will be one of the stages.
  • Proutster
    Just signed up for the Hamsterley enduro, this is also my first!

Did anybody have a go at the TT there last weekend? Just seen the youtube video, looks like it will be one of the stages.

How did you get on?

I loved every minute of it, once I'd got over being stupidly nervous :oops:

Finished up 28th out of 38 in my class (Veterans) and about 130odd out of 169 that finished - happy with that too!
  • Sorry just seen your reply, from a long time ago! (I've not been on here much)

I finished 111/169, and 43/55 in my class (senior). Quite happy with that for my first race, it was pretty technical and I felt a bit out of my depth!

Been back to hamsterley for a couple of uplifts and entered a few more enduros over the year too, 'Ard Rock was excellent!
  • 'Ard Rock was excellent!

Did you get in for next year?

I was on the laptop at 4:12am and got my space, there's 4 of us travelling up from here - looking forward to it already!

Also aiming to do the full PMBA Enduro series next year :D