First Decent MTB Advice Required

2»

Comments

• oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    The 10% British Cycling discount is a 'coupon' that is run through right at the end of the transaction and it's for anything that Halfords sells not just bikes. So yes you would get it on top of any other discount/promotion that is currently running. Just make sure you have both the voucher and your membership card otherwise we cannot process it. The amount of times people come in with just the voucher that they have found on the internet and tried to get discount without being a member is surprisingly high!

Im not too sure about the 10% off all bikes later in the month as I haven't been in the last few days but I know that you get a free Bike Care Plan with any of the older Boardmans as an incentive to buy them.
  • MC2014
    MC2014 Posts: 34
    yeah I seen that you have to print the coupon off and take it in store with you but thanks for the heads up about taking my membership card In with me :).

ok no problem ill nip in my local store and ask them and see what they say. Whats the bike care plan consist of? and do the clearance bikes come with warranty?
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    The bike care plan covers any labour on the bike for 1 year. So any gear adjusts, wheel truing, innertube changes etc. an you just pay for parts. The only thing it doesn't cover is suspension servicing and brake bleeds but most stores will do bleeds under the plan if you're nice to them :).

And yes they come with the full warranty which is 2 years on frame and 1 year on the 'non wear and tear' components.
  • MC2014
    MC2014 Posts: 34
    ok thanks mate for all the info :) really appreciated!

ill be sure to nip in my store to ask about the 10% sale discount on top :)