Advice on selling bike (non violating)

Wormishere1
Wormishere1 Posts: 284
edited January 2014 in MTB general
OK, I cannot ask you guys for a value of my bike but I can ask your opinion on how best to sell it....(NB - THE BELOW IS EDITIED SO I DO NOT ASK FOR A VALUATION)

I have a Canyon Nerve 8.9 on order so my Canondale F800 hardtail must go (I am aware of n+1 but s-1 is the reality here). There are images of the bike in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12952209

I would like advice on whether I should bundle in a load of spares I have or sell them separately (I need the most coin to put towards my new bike). As I am going to a 29er I have several sets of tyres - pair of Rocket Ron UST 2.1 (2 rides), pair of Rocket Ron 2.25 TR (60% used) (both of these are the Pacestar compound and folding). There is also a pair of Racing Ralphs (quite worn) and a pair of slicks for road use/commuting and a shock pump that is compatible with the Lefty. Come to think of it there is a spare pair of sintered pads for the rear disk and the original (but narrow) Cannondale riser bars.

Should I bundle in all of the parts as well or sell them seperately on eBay or on here?
Remember Rule #5

Comments

• Personally I would advertise the shock pump with the bike and just say you have extras if wanted at extra cost and if they don't sell with the bike eBay them. As far as buying bundles second hand MOST people prefer to have the option.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    I'd suggest similar to above

Sell the bike with the shock pump and make a note saying you get the pump free with the bike (maybe the pads too?) if the asking price is met, as you will most likely be getting offers lower than your wanted price.

And sell the tyres as spares separately, or as a 'job lot' as cheaper overall but it will save individual postage costs.
  • Rad2474
    Rad2474 Posts: 162
    Photo's, more the better showing how good condition the bike is and that you've got nothing to hide. Also make sure the bike is nice and clean like it's looked after and make sure the photo's are clear and in focus not blurry and from a distance like your trying to hide something. Give yourself a clear out bundle as much with it as you can.