Canyon 29er size?

Cyclone5
Cyclone5 Posts: 39
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi , 1st post I'm very near pushing the button to buy a nerve 29er I'm 5'8 the size indicator is recommending a small frame, also e mailed canyon uk they said it does sound right, is there anyone else similar size as me with the 29er?
I've managed to sit on a small 26 and a med 26 the small felt a bit tighter with the med feeling a touch to stretched .
Also does the small 29er look a bit out of proportion with the big wheels?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Get it. If you don't like the size they'll take it back.
  • Ulysses
    Ulysses Posts: 104
    Smaller framed 29ers do all look out of proportion, that's how they ended up getting called clown bikes by the haters.
    Not sure canyon will take it back dirty just bare that in mind if you order to try one out?
    Wish I could have afforded the Nerve 29er!
  • Not sure if it's gonna help, my friend bought a hardtail Yellowstone 29er a few months ago. We're the same height at 5'7 and he is happy with the fit. It's a size small. I have tried it and I thought the geo is spot on.
    Here is a photo of his bike size small, I don't think it looks like a clown bike. :p
    See what you think.
    image_zps0d79e96e.jpg
    Padyak rider
  • Thanks a lot Ryan , it does help looks good to. My heads batterd looking through geometry sites. I'll give it wo more days of weighing things up then I'll take the plunge and wind up in debt :shock: