Honda CRV holds two MTBs : True or False?

philkeeble
philkeeble Posts: 109
edited January 2014 in MTB general
Every time I read a review of the latest Honda CRV it boasts that it can carry 2 full-sized adult MTBs inside the cabin. Now, my Trek 8000 (XL) has an overall length of 1740mm, and I'm 6'3" so have the seat pretty far back, so I'm a little sceptical. Maybe if you're a wee Japanese adult with a correspondingly sized bike it could work, but would it work for me?

Anyone have any experience to share?
Cheers,
Phil, in Inverurie

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I have no experience but during a recent car buying trip I rejected a CRV as it looked far to big for my needs so I'd imagine its a possibility - I cant imagine they mean with both wheels on though.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Sounds like quite a claim, only way to find out is to take your bikes down the Honda garage.
  • Wheels of is a different ball game, we had three FSA bikes plus three people in a Mitsubishi outlander a few weekends ago. That is about the same size as the Honda.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Front wheel out you'll have no problems. Wheels in... Less sure.
  • Definitely with both wheels off you could get 3 mtn bikes in the back of a CRV. You just have to be clever on how to load the into the back..saddles down upside down for example. Make sure you have adequate protection inside by covering the trim or buy wheel and frame bags.
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Don't quote me on the new one, but the previous model no problem and I can't believe Honda would have made it smaller. My dad has the previous one and it's huge inside, big enough for him to sleep in when he went away earlier in the year.
    The seats are quite flexible as well and can be removed if necessary.
    As a point of reference, I'm 6ft2 and when I have the drivers seat where I like it I can sit behind myself (so to speak!) and have loads of rear leg room.
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer