Castelli Mortirolo Due Jacket Sizing Help

Dave Pucknell
Dave Pucknell Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
I was given some money as an xmas present and thought about buying myself the Castelli Mortirolo Jacket, but need help in the sizing if possible please as non of my local bike shops stock Castelli Gear, so I'm having to purchase the jacket online, I am 5' 11", 32 inch waist, 36 inch chest, weigh 65kg.
Thanks.

Comments

• Always found that I need to take a size up with Castelli on account of it coming up smaller than the usual names. You can always return it if it doesn't fit?
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    You mean the Mortirolo Due? I'm 5'9", 29/30 inch waist, 63kg and have had both M and S. Both sort of fitted, but the S was a better fit for me. You are probably a M, but if you are that weight & chest measurement at that height I'm guessing you are fairly skinny up top so might not get a really tight fit. But the S would probably be too small.
  • Thanks for the help guys, I was reading on the Castelli website the sizing for the jacket, and I came in on a size Medium, but I have read reviews that people go up a size than normal on castelli stuff.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    It sort of depends on the item - different Castelli garments seem to have different sizings. The climber's jersey is very small for example, I'm a Medium in that and it's still a fairly slim fit, but I'm Small in the Mortirollo Due. Maybe they assume that with jackets you will be wearing stuff underneath and make an allowance.
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    I'm a 32 waist, 38 chest and 80kg and my large Mortirolo fits perfect so medium should be fine for you.