Tips for Beginner Cyclists

brucelee
brucelee Posts: 19
edited January 2014 in Road beginners
I just wrote an article on why cyclists do some of the crazy things we do, intermixed with some tips for beginner cyclists. Here's the article: http://blog.artscyclery.com/road/keepin ... -help-you/

I remember when I was first beginning to ride, developing actual riding skills was more than enough to handle without throwing in the intricacies of cycling culture on top of it.

I though this would be a good place to help out new cyclists learn some of the culture and maybe throw in some pointers for those just starting to get out there on the road.

Comments

• NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    You've basically ripped off the velominati :roll: and made it more unbearable
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • Yank rubbish.

You've forgotten to mention "take lots of EPO or do blood doping" like Lance Armstrong and other cheating US pro cyclists
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tips for new cycling writers don't just copy/rip off a widely known source, when writing your first blog.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Umm... 'mixed' reviews so far...
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    NeXXus wrote:
    You've basically ripped off the velominati :roll: and made it more unbearable

which to be fair takes some doing, congrats OP.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rpherts
    rpherts Posts: 207
    blackhands wrote:
    Yank rubbish.

You've forgotten to mention "take lots of EPO or do blood doping" like Lance Armstrong and other cheating US pro cyclists

Or indeed pro cyclists from just about every country in the world.
  • Thanks for the great feedback guys. Glad I could help.