Cassette change, front mech change & brake cable question

Whiteeddymurphy
Whiteeddymurphy Posts: 169
edited January 2014 in Workshop
Hello I've just changed my 105 cassette and replaced it with ultegra 6700 my old chain has no wear will they work together ok? Also can I put a 6700 braze on front ultegra mech on with 105 leavers?

I've just noticed the previous owner has the rear brake set up on the right shifter. Apart from moving tape etc is it a big job or should I take to lbs? Thanks

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Ref chain, best way to find out is to try it.

Swapping cables over is easy. But the continental layout (front brake on left) does make for smoother cable runs!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Hello I've just changed my 105 cassette and replaced it with ultegra 6700 my old chain has no wear will they work together ok? Yes, assuming the chain isn't worn - you've checked it with a chain-checker tool or measured it with a ruler ?
    Also can I put a 6700 braze on front ultegra mech on with 105 leavers? Yes
    I've just noticed the previous owner has the rear brake set up on the right shifter. Apart from moving tape etc is it a big job or should I take to lbs? It's easy enough, you just need to remove the tape, swap over the cables and retape. If it's 2nd hand, check the cables aren't starting to fray or wear, particularly at the 'plum' on the end
    Thanks