New Charge Duster build

graememacd
graememacd Posts: 386
edited January 2014 in Your mountain bikes
This started off as an idea to build up a cheap hardtail and at least the frame was cheap at £120 but the whole build came in at around £700 so not too bad.
Great first ride today apart from all the mud!
20140102_112132_zps8d607c68.jpg

Comments

• xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    Looks very good, although the saddle looks rather out of place. Maybe its just the picture making it look too bright. Otherwise looks an awesome build i hope it ride just as well :)
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Nice, like it a lot

But then I would - I've just built one too (see thread just a bit further down)

Mine was intended as a 'cheap' HT using existing parts I already had - but I got a little carried away!

They ride great though
  • xcMuttley wrote:
    Looks very good, although the saddle looks rather out of place. Maybe its just the picture making it look too bright. Otherwise looks an awesome build i hope it ride just as well :)

The saddle does look a bit bright in the picture but it looks ok in real life. It was the only used part that I already had that I put on the bike with everything else being new or nearly new. I might put a charge spoon on it though
  • BigAl wrote:
    Nice, like it a lot

But then I would - I've just built one too (see thread just a bit further down)

Mine was intended as a 'cheap' HT using existing parts I already had - but I got a little carried away!

They ride great though

I did spot your thread last night, loving the colour of your frame! It is easy to get carried away when building your own bikes, it happens every time to me.
    you're right though, the ride is great! bit muddy yesterday though...