Just another Tarmac

bucks
bucks Posts: 91
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
thought i'd post this as some people may appreciate a specialized that isn't plastered in logos....

I am a big fan of Specialized Tarmac's, they are easily the nicest bikes I have ever ridden.
I own an s-works SL4, but when I saw this one I had to buy it also.

Its an SL3 from 2011, Specialized released a batch of SL3's in this finish as a nod to the film "american flyers" like the ones Saxo Bank used in the tour of California in 2010, apparently bobby Julich was a big fan of the film or something.

the wheels currently on it are a load of rubbish really, easton "somethings" stolen from my brothers Focus for the winter.
I have a pair of zipp 404's in the garage, but I am really starting to hate the look of deep wheels, so ill get something new soon for when it is nice.

Picture from this mornings ride taken on an iphone :|

As this will prob be commented on by some : yes the drop looks big, i have very long legs in comparison to my torso, its a 56cm I am 6ft, I have had my bikes set up like this for 10 years.. its fine for me

unnamed_zpsc6c4c67b.jpg

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Real men run lots of drop.

How does the SL3 compare to the SL4 in your opinion? I suppose you'd need to be using the same wheels to tell really.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • bucks
    bucks Posts: 91
    the sl4 is marketed at something like 15% stiffer, but I don't know if I am good enough to really feel the difference, because the sl3 is a very stiff frameset itself, the sl3 was for sure one of the stiffest framesets around when it was first produced.

I guess i find the sl4 marginal "smoother" but yeah and it is for sure lighter, but that is because it has different kit on. plus the sl4 is kitted with di2 which the sl3 (at least not this one) is not compatible.
  • DiscoBoy wrote:

You mean like, like, like…...
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    I do like a red Specialized and that simply red colour scheme is very tasteful. Loving the SRAM as well
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • I'd want more stickers/logos for my money.

:oops:
  • DiscoBoy wrote:

You mean like, like, like…...

Your Mum?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,615
    Strong colour on those.
  • Nice bike, although as I've said before I have Spesh biased!

I really enjoy the ride of my SL3.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky