27.2 setback dropper post?

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
Considering getting a dropper for the Kraken for when I go to trail centres, 27.2mm diameter and I need a setback post (not inline) for my riding position, anyone got any suggestions (no the £80 ebay is no good as it is inline!).
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    The only mainstream setback dropper posts are specialized command, which arent 27.2
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    KS i900 is layback but not by a lot - think it comes in 27.2
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The Rookie
    No, 30.9 or 31.6 only......

Guess I'll just have to keep using the QR!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Is layback that important to you?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Only company i found that made on was one called "satori" not a huge layback but if you look up the Satori Harmony it may be of some use
  • The Rookie
    Thanks will look it up.
    EDIT: The Harmony is a suspension, not a dropper!

Yes Layback is that important, I have an abnormal body proportion with short arms and legs and a long torso (5' 9" yet sitting down I'm taller than my 6'1" mate) so I need a smaller frame to suite my leg length, also as my arms are short and this moves my body weight forward I can't go up a frame size for when out the saddle, but sitting I need the longer length to be comfy with my longer torso.