New Rapha Sky kit

Geo555
Geo555 Posts: 96
edited January 2014 in Road general
Anyone tempted by the new Sky kit from Rapha?

Bc1DmO7IcAA2c4E.jpg

Comments

• Available in Ann Summers soon.

Looks very stupid. And it'll probably have a stupid price tag to boot, "less is more" and all that.
  • Team Sky skin suits are never available for sale and they're also not designed by Rapha. There's a thread open in Pro Race.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Team Sky skin suits are never available for sale and they're also not designed by Rapha. There's a thread open in Pro Race.

No Sky team kits are by made by Rapha - it's actually farmed out to Nalini (MOA) who also made the Sky Adidas kit.
  • g00se wrote:
    Team Sky skin suits are never available for sale and they're also not designed by Rapha. There's a thread open in Pro Race.

No Sky team kits are by made by Rapha - it's actually farmed out to Nalini (MOA) who also made the Sky Adidas kit.

That's not what I mean.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    g00se wrote:

That's not what I mean.

I was just adding to what you said.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Surely to meet the UCI regulations all items need to be available for sale to the public?
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    sjmclean wrote:
    Surely to meet the UCI regulations all items need to be available for sale to the public?

Yeah but it doesn't have to have team Sky branding on it when it's sold.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Who would buy a Team Sky mesh skinsuit ????
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    That really isn't a good look is it?

Can't wait to see one of these in xxxl stop at the coffee shop :D
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • A dress with that kind of fit at the front was modelled by Gwyneth Paltrow and she had to shave her toot - toot before she would wear it, seriously I am not joking. I wonder has Froome had a wee bit of tidying up before he would wear that monstrosity ?
    This serious internet site..............I serious cat
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I knew I had seen that design before

Now you know why Wiggo put weight on
  • Apparently...

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/m ... ggle-honda

...Team Sky are thinking of running a ladies squad...

...and all of a sudden this outfit congers up a much better image in my head.
  • cougie wrote:
    Who would buy a Team Sky mesh skinsuit ????

Nobody - they're not for sale.
  • Brant
    Brant Posts: 41
    Th fishnet.
  • bucks
    bucks Posts: 91
    id rather be at an aero disadvantage or whatever than wear that.

just like that god awful thudguard Luca Paolini was wearing in the giro last year.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Does it come with or without a gimp mask?
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    What's going on here is that you're all imagining how it'd look on yourselves.
    I don't see anything wrong with it, would look great on my sexy body.
  • dread_i1
    dread_i1 Posts: 178
    Just seen this on piston heads under the heading 'Coming to a sportive near you';

huOaVurt.jpg?0104
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    g00se wrote:

Is that any different to other Rapha products? Don't they farm everything out to one factory or another? There's even a page on the Rapha site showing various Rapha-branded items being made at MOA:

http://www.rapha.cc/moa-sport
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    RDW wrote:
    g00se wrote:

Is that any different to other Rapha products? Don't they farm everything out to one factory or another? There's even a page on the Rapha site showing various Rapha-branded items being made at MOA:

http://www.rapha.cc/moa-sport

What made you think that Rapha had their own manufacturing facilities?
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    LegendLust wrote:
    What made you think that Rapha had their own manufacturing facilities?

I didn't, though without seeing the article on MOA I would probably have guessed their stuff was made in China (as much of it is):

http://www.rapha.cc/made-in-china?locale=UK