140mm full suspension trail bike - which one?

2»

Comments

• miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    A Titus FTM carbon is what I've gone for!

Odd story... when planet X had their 20% off all frames sale on Boxing day I ordered one only to be told that the size I ordered was out of stock, got an email today saying they'd found one mislabelled in the warehouse and its been dispatched to me today... with the 20% off it only came to £503.99... and to boot it should come in weight wise at 5.7lbs... result!

On One / Planet X (same thing) own Titus, warranty is 2yrs and handled by On One, their customer service is really good, spares are available, so I'm not overly worried on the support side.

Cheers for all the suggestions!
  • chrisrobs
    chrisrobs Posts: 135
    ej2320 wrote:

That's a really nice looking frame, is the shock any good on it?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Monarch is ok but not great. I'm not all that impressed with mine, im going to send it for a PUSH tune and see if that helps.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    chrisrobs wrote:
    ej2320 wrote:

That's a really nice looking frame, is the shock any good on it?

If it was me I'd go for the Fox upgrade

My monarch does to the job but it's not the smoothest and doesn't react to small bumps as well as a Fox Kashima

But yeah I love those frames, looks even better in the flesh
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Kashima makes bugger all difference. A plain old RP23 or spend some cash on a Cane Creek Double Barrel Air.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    monarch R is a pretty basic shock though TBF compared to a kashima float but the fox's also tend to be pretty soft though and blow through their travel
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    POAH wrote:
    monarch R is a pretty basic shock though TBF compared to a kashima float but the fox's also tend to be pretty soft though and blow through their travel

Depends on the tune you have. They're easy to customise with volume spacers to help with bottom out and mid-stroke support.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    miceden wrote:
    A Titus FTM carbon is what I've gone for!

Odd story... when planet X had their 20% off all frames sale on Boxing day I ordered one only to be told that the size I ordered was out of stock, got an email today saying they'd found one mislabelled in the warehouse and its been dispatched to me today... with the 20% off it only came to £503.99... and to boot it should come in weight wise at 5.7lbs... result!

On One / Planet X (same thing) own Titus, warranty is 2yrs and handled by On One, their customer service is really good, spares are available, so I'm not overly worried on the support side.

Cheers for all the suggestions!

On One customer service is great ad support for frames that are available is great, not so great on anything they no longer make or supply, hence why I'd be worried about buying the FTM, which although they own the Titus name and stock I think it's another of their deals that may not have gone very well and they seem to be concentrating on the alloy El Guap rather than the carbon X, FTM or Rockstar. If anything goes wrong your crash replacement or warranty offer would be another frame at half of the FULL price of the FTM rather than the sale price.
    I'm not knocking them (I own three On Ones and two Planet X)
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    spongtastic... you say "that a warranty replacement would be another frame at half of the full price of the FTM rather than the sale price"... how do you know that, is that somewhere in their T&C's?
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    I know it because I've had to pay this on a road frame from them and a friend snapped her Titus X frame and also had to pay the same, but half of an FTM at full price because there's no X frames in stock in her size and not likely to be.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • chrisrobs
    chrisrobs Posts: 135
    On-One branded products carry a 2 year warranty for the original owner. Lynskey and Van Nicholas titanium frames extend this to a lifetime warranty for the original owner.
    All other branded goods carry the full manufacturer's warranty, which can vary in duration but will be a minimum of 1 year.

The warranty protects the customer against manufacturing defects and faults but does not cover issues arising from wear and tear, misuse, improper installation or crash damage.

Crash Replacement

We accept that crashes happen, things break or bottom brackets can get threaded. That's why we will offer the original owner a discretionary 2 year 'crash replacement' period to provide a replacement product at up to 50% discount.