bianchi sempre ultegra 2012

aiky007
aiky007 Posts: 8
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
26850ea2-3e90-4561-bec6-5e937f30eab9_zps10b389b3.jpg

My Bianchi with upgraded campags on it, bought new to replace my stolen sempre. Not used much but hoping for more time this yr to get back on it

Comments

• Very nice! :wink:
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Nice bike,i like the matt black finish.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Good choice dude

Wait for someone to whine about campag wheels on a shimano drive train.........

Having used both on the same frame I feel the Ultegra works better.
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Love the colour scheme, nice!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Good choice dude

Nothing wrong with campy wheels with a shimano/sram gruppo... Shimano on a Bianchi however... ;)

Very nice bike, but it needs more Celeste in my opinion.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    Good choice dude

Nothing wrong with campy wheels with a shimano/sram gruppo... Shimano on a Bianchi however... ;)

MY first 2 Bianchi bikes were both Campag (Campy is Gay and should never be uttered) And I think my current one with Ultegra feels better than the others. The Sempre mk 1 had Campag 10sp Chorus.

Notice Team Belkin have gone with DA on their new Bianchi bikes for next season too.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    like that...
  • Thanks for the comments guys, I prefer the shimano shifters to campag be honest.
    I also preferred the matt black paint compared to all Celeste on the campag bike. I know bianchi should really be celeste but there's just loads out there like that and wanted to be i bit different,i think Celeste bar tape and hoods next might help add a bit more to the colour scheme.
  • davoj
    davoj Posts: 190
    Looks well, I had the exact same bike and spec minus the wheels but what disappointed me about it was the bottom bracket (BB30) I had to change every 2 months or about 5 times a year for 2 years, I was cycling about 8-10k a year which probaly didn't help.

Best of luck with it.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    Good choice dude

MY first 2 Bianchi bikes were both Campag (Campy is Gay and should never be uttered) And I think my current one with Ultegra feels better than the others. The Sempre mk 1 had Campag 10sp Chorus.

Notice Team Belkin have gone with DA on their new Bianchi bikes for next season too.

Fair enough, you enjoy what you enjoy.

Do pro teams actually choose any of their equipment manufacturers based on merit, rather than the financials of sponsorship, though?
    aiky007 wrote:
    Thanks for the comments guys, I prefer the shimano shifters to campag be honest.
    I also preferred the matt black paint compared to all Celeste on the campag bike. I know bianchi should really be celeste but there's just loads out there like that and wanted to be i bit different,i think Celeste bar tape and hoods next might help add a bit more to the colour scheme.

Celeste bar tape sounds good, I'm not sure about Celeste hoods as well though! One or the other IMO.

Also, Celeste cages?
    http://image.rakuten.co.jp/auc-ad-cycle ... omrace.jpg
    Red bikes are the fastest.