Anyone Here Dealt With Gocycle?

northpole
northpole Posts: 1,499
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
I was browsing today and came across Gocycle on fleabay who seem to have Enve bars at a remarkably low price. The thing is that the image of the bars has decals which differ from all the others I have seen (everything I've seen has white lettering at the stem intersection and on the drops. Another example of too good to be true, or are there variances on the finish of Enve bars? Here's the link, which I hope doesn't breach forum rules:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230993649189? ... 1438.l2649

Peter

Comments

• It's got 24,000 transactions on Ebay with a 99% + positive feedback, what more do you want?
    In addition, Ebay will protect you, Paypal will protect you... it's bomb-proof really...

And it's not that he's selling carbon bars for 20 quid... :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • northpole
    Ugo

Thanks for coming back to me. I did see the points you mentioned so it all seems beyond reproach, the only slight hesitation being that the bars are about £100 less than anyone is offering them for in this country and the decals are slightly different from those on Enve's site and every other retail website. As you say, everything else seems to stack up - I'm not sure I would be able to tell if they weren't legitimate if I were to buy them is another slight quirk!!

Peter
  • They are probably a special edition for Cannondale Super 6?

It's still a hell of a lot of money for no upgrade whatsoever over a set of Deda Piega or Cinelli Vai worth 20 quid... :wink:
  • With the money saved, you could put it towards a set of handbuilt wheels
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

Tired humour... it's the New Year, give it a fresh start, will you?
  • Ugo's right. They're off a Cannondale, hence the slighlty different looking decal.
    You can see the current gold one on the supersix black inc here - http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gallery/article/cannondale-2014-road-bikes-first-look-38148/7/

Tired humour... it's the New Year, give it a fresh start, will you?

:lol:
  • northpole
    They are probably a special edition for Cannondale Super 6?

It's still a hell of a lot of money for no upgrade whatsoever over a set of Deda Piega or Cinelli Vai worth 20 quid... :wink:

Ugo,

Thanks for the reply. I also dropped a note to gocycle who confirmed exactly what you said re Cannondale, so all looks legitimate. Same thanks to caadybrompton for posting the link.

Peter