Steel German road bike

styxd
styxd Posts: 3,234
edited January 2014 in Your road bikes
It's a Fixie Inc. Dont think they're in business any longer. Rides well. Not sure on the weight, maybe 17 - 18lbs?

DSCF3987_zps7951f114.jpg

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Nice, that's a bit different
  • styxd
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Nice, that's a bit different

Cheers, it's not bad, maybe a touch small, some longer reach bars could sort it though. Half tempted by one of them new Genesis Volare frames, bit too dear brand new though.
  • Awesome
    left the forum March 2023
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    That looks fantastic!! One of the best looking larger bikes on this forum.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • styxd
    NapoleonD wrote:
    That looks fantastic!! One of the best looking larger bikes on this forum.

Thanks, I reckon if it was the "right" size then it wouldn't have a 140mm stem and maybe it wouldn't look as good though!

Think it'd suit some 40 - 50mm deep rims, not sure whether Ugo would agree.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Nope. Current wheels are perfect.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Ugo disagrees... if anything even less profile... it really is screaming "Nemesis"... :wink:
  • styxd
    Ugo disagrees... if anything even less profile... it really is screaming "Nemesis"... :wink:

a great looking set of rims, especially with some Veloflexes.

The A23s ride well though, although I kind of wish I'd got those Archetype rims. Maybe next time.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Steel frames do cry out for low pro rims. If you ever get chance to watch Stars and Water carriers just check out Oli Ritter's TT bike which is a standard steel framed machine with beautiful low pro wheels. So graceful and elegant when compared to the chunky carbon bikes and wheels we see so much of today.

Awesome bike my friend.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    styxd wrote:
    It's a Fixie Inc. Dont think they're in business any longer.

Pretty sure I've seen these in the Bike Shed in Exeter recently.

Very nice bike BTW.
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    What a babe.
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • styxd
    Canny lad wrote:
    styxd wrote:
    It's a Fixie Inc. Dont think they're in business any longer.

Pretty sure I've seen these in the Bike Shed in Exeter recently.

Very nice bike BTW.

Fair enough, could be NOS stuff? Their website has been offline for the last year!
  • They still answer questions on Facebook and are expecting the site to be up at some stage.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Looks great. Stems above 110mm look great in my opinion!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Wow, what a dame, check out those gams! (that's 1940s talk for all you youngsters)

It's nice to see someone who doesn't ride a fat Mamil bike: stem = slammed and it looks like a 130. That's a double thumbs up from me.

I met the Detusch Dude who runs (ran?) the company at the bike show circa 2005-2006, he caught the fixie bug early.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • styxd
    It's actually a 140mm stem. Did try a 130mm but it wasnt quite enough. Might put some longer reach bars on it aswell, not riding it at the moment though as I've got a bike with guards for the winter. I'll see what I decide when the weather clears up.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    140mm? I think I need to change my boxers now. Taller folks are so lucky in many ways.

Best looking steel bike I've seen on here.

Ever.

It reminds me of Bicycle Guide magazine back in the 80s/90s. There was a really tall bike reviewer called Chris Kock who always reviewed 60 or 61cm frames. Something about the skinny tubes, slammed stem, low pro wheels, and deep Cinelli 66 bars just looked perfect.

Your bike, sir, evokes this perfectly.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • There was a really tall bike reviewer called Chris Kock ...

Surely you got the name confused with some other magazine of yours... :wink:
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Very cool indeed, I wish my legs were that long to have that amount of seatpost exposed.

The light pull switch suggests you photographed it in your bathroom. Just been cleaning it? :)
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • styxd
    140mm? I think I need to change my boxers now. Taller folks are so lucky in many ways.

Best looking steel bike I've seen on here.

Ever.

It reminds me of Bicycle Guide magazine back in the 80s/90s. There was a really tall bike reviewer called Chris Kock who always reviewed 60 or 61cm frames. Something about the skinny tubes, slammed stem, low pro wheels, and deep Cinelli 66 bars just looked perfect.

Your bike, sir, evokes this perfectly.

:) Thanks!

The stem probably looks a bit shorter due to the angle of the picture or something, I had to order it from the States as no one sells the 140mm in the UK.

I agree, a steel frame and low pro wheels does have a bit of a classic back in the day elegance about it. Although it's funny, most pros back in the steel frame era ran their quill stems quite high, with deep drop bars. They spent alot of time in the drops back then I guess. The fashion/way now seems to be slammed and ride on the hoods.
  • styxd
    Carl_P wrote:
    Very cool indeed, I wish my legs were that long to have that amount of seatpost exposed.

The light pull switch suggests you photographed it in your bathroom. Just been cleaning it? :)

Well spotted! I think a warm bathroom is the best place to clean a bike..