Cervelo S2 / R3 Geometry

furiousd
furiousd Posts: 214
edited January 2014 in Road buying advice
Forgive me if i am wrong on this....
I was under the impression that the S2 was the sportier position of the two and the R3 the more comfortable.

I am looking at the 2014 S2 at the moment and was comparing the Geometry to my current Bianchi, i also looked a the Geometry for the R3 and on the Cervelo website it is the same as the S2.

Is the Geometry really the same for the S2 and R3?

Thanks
D

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Yes the geo is the same. What do you mean by sportier position? Position is determined by saddle/stem on any frame...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • furiousd
    furiousd Posts: 214
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Yes the geo is the same. What do you mean by sportier position? Position is determined by saddle/stem on any frame...

Thanks napoleon, i though the Geo was more aggressive on the S2, shorter head tube length for one.

Why the suggestion the R3 would be more comfy then?
    Just trying to understand the difference between the frames apart from Aero design on S2 and colour schemes.
    Cheers
    D
  • brownbosh
    brownbosh Posts: 602
    its to do with the lay up and ride characteristics tuned into each frame. I have both. My fit is pretty much the same other than the fact the S has an inverted drop stem to encourage me to behave appropriately on an aero bike and S has deep rims
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    The head tube length determines how low you can go if required.
    There is more vertical 'give' in the R3 frame. It is a comfier ride...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Seat tube angle is more relaxed than other frames
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles